Ensuring a Safe Ride
Throughout the DMV and the 300+ communities Uber serves around the globe, we work tirelessly to ensure we’re connecting riders to safe, reliable rides. Our technology has brought an unprecedented degree of accountability and transparency to the transportation industry — with driver and vehicle information provided in-app, detailed email receipts sent after each ride, a 24/7 feedback loop, and the ability to share your journey in real time using our Share My ETA feature. From the moment you request a ride to the moment you arrive, the Uber experience has been designed for a safer ride.
SIMPLE STEPS FOR A SAFE RIDE
- Always request through the app. Every trip requested via the app connects you with a thoroughly background checked partner whose trips are tracked via GPS. Requesting via the app also ensures your trip is covered by our $1M insurance policy.
- Know Your Driver. Before your trip, you will receive your driver’s name, rating, photo, vehicle type, and license plate number, so that you can make sure you’re getting in the right car with the right driver.
- Need to contact your driver? You are able to call your driver through the app using an anonymized phone number. That way, you can speak to the driver without ever sharing any personal information.
- Provide feedback. We take post-ride feedback seriously and use it when evaluating our partner driver relationships.
- Share your ETA. The rider can see the vehicle approaching on a map, and share their journey in real time with friends or loved ones using our Share My ETA feature.
- Want more details? Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name and photo, your exact route and timeline, as well as your average speed and distance. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your Uber trip.
OUR GLOBAL ROADMAP FOR SAFETY
Our safety practices here in DC are all part of Uber’s global commitment to implementing new technologies to keep riders and drivers safe in every city.
Wherever you are around the world, we are committed to connecting you to a safe ride. If ever you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to your local Uber DC team at supportDC@uber.com.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.