Uber Offers FREE(DOM) RIDE on Election Day!
On November 6th, we all have some big decisions to make as we decide on the next President of the United States. One decision you shouldn’t have to make is how you’ll get to the polls.
That’s why Uber is teaming up with Rock the Vote to offer all voters in America who’ve never tried Uber, a “Freedom Ride” to their polling place. Unlike Paul Revere, your horse will be a sleek black town car or SUV, and will be free for 1st time riders on Election Day. The discount will be available during voting hours for each city on November 6th. Simply enter the promo code VOTEUBER during sign-up, select the Black car option in Uber’s iPhone or Android app (or via m.uber.com) and your car will arrive in minutes. With the ease of Uber’s service, you’ll feel like we’re bringing the ballot to you!
A few things to keep in mind:
- One FREE(DOM) RIDE is available for any first time Uber client up to $20.12 off on our BLACK car service.
- The Uber trip must begin or end at a national polling location and is valid during your city’s voting hours on Tuesday, November 6.
- The first $20.12 of your trip will be FREE, and any amount exceeding $20.12 will be charged to your card on file.
- The FREE RIDE requires an Uber account and use of Uber’s iPhone/Android app or m.uber.com mobile web request.
Existing client? No worries! We’ll have additional offers in a bunch of Uber cities. Check out our links below for more city-specific information as we have it.
- Chicago: FREE(DOM) TAXI RIDE for Chicagoans
- Philly – A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_Philly
- San Diego – A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_SD
- LA – A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_LA
- ATL- A FREE Uber ride up to $50 to the most creative “I Voted Today!” TwitPic! Tweet all entries to @Uber_ATL. More details here.
How do I receive the discount?
Enter the promo code VOTEUBER during sign-up, in your app (options menu, left hand corner) or text VOTEUBER only to 827-222.
How do I request?
Download the Uber iPhone/Android app. Sign-up for an account. Set your pick-up location and press Request. That’s it!
What does it cost?
For new Uber clients, your Election Day “Freedom Ride” is FREE! All other days, Uber’s fares include a base fare, plus time or distance charges. Specific rates vary by city and can be found by selecting your city at uber.com/cities.
Is it safe?
Yes, all drivers requested through the Uber system are licensed limo drivers.
For press inquires, please email: email@example.com
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–