Saigon, Your Secret Ubers Have Arrived!
LANGUAGE – EN | VN
Only in Saigon can you feast on a 50,000d bowl of pho ga, and then head straight across the street to sip on a Manhattan that will cost you as much as a Mai Tai in NYC. Famous for the juxtaposition of modern and traditional styles, the merging of Eastern and Western cultures, and the fusing of both past and present, Saigon now has a modern yet affordable way to get around town. Today, your Uber has arrived in Vietnam.
Actresses Hong Anh and Chi Pu, singer Hoang Thuy Linh, and blogger Nicky Khanh Ngoc were the first to jump at the chance to try Uber out for a ride on the town. They downloaded the Uber app, and within 10 minutes, a luxurious Uber was able to whisk them away to a movie set, a recording studio, and a photo shoot. We’ll let you figure out who went where. Meanwhile, for the next two weeks, you can download the Uber app and ride Uber for FREE!
ENJOY FREE UBER FOR THE REST OF JUNE
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
WHAT IS UBER AND HOW DOES IT WORK?Uber is an app that gets you a private chauffeur to your doorstep in under 10 minutes. Just tap a button to request, and sit back as your driver comes to whisk you away.
- Download Uber via the App Store on iOS, Android, & BB phones.
- No need for cash. Register your account with a valid credit card (Visa/MC/AMEX)
- Drop the pin on a pick up location & track the car in real-time.
- Enjoy FREE Uber rides!
WHAT’S THE CATCH? (none)
- You get 10 FREE Uber rides! (Up to 200,000₫ per ride)
- No promo code necessary, all you need to do is ride
- Trip must begin in District 1 or District 3 to qualify as FREE
- FREE rides are available until June 30 @ 11:59pm
SAMPLE FARES (when not free)
- Vincom B to Saigon Pearl – 50,000₫
- Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica to Phu My Hung – 98,000₫
- Diamond Plaza to Riverside Apartment, D2 – 115,000₫
During our testing phase in Saigon, we will have limited cars available. You may also experience longer than usual ETAs. But don’t worry — we’re working hard to put more Ubers on the system.
Last but not least, Uber Vietnam needs a founding team. We’re looking for a General Manager, Operations Manager, and Community Manager to build Uber Vietnam from scratch. We are looking for hustlers with crazy passion for Uber, an intimate knowledge of both Saigon and Hanoi, and won’t rest until Uber is a household name.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.