Using Uber at Palm Springs International Airport
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) has long been a sleepy airport but recently has seen an increase in its bookings. Palm Springs is now a year-round destination, and bookings are up 334%. Many travelers love flying in and out of Palm Springs International Airport because of its small size and open-air layout, which features an outdoor courtyard with patio seating, play areas for kids and pets, and artwork by glass artist Dale Chihuly.
Here is some helpful information to make your travel to and from Palm Springs International Airport even easier:
Before You Fly:
- Uber Airport Pages: Our airport pages offer all the information needed about requesting an Uber at Palm Springs International Airport.
- Check Driving Times and Traffic: Tune into 94.3 Knews for up-to-date traffic conditions or check road conditions via Google Maps.
- Wait Times: You can check security wait times via the TSA website.
- Review Security Guidelines: Avoid unexpected delays through airport security by reviewing the TSA guidelines before you travel.
Arriving and Departing:
- Choose Your Uber: At this time, uberX pickups are not available at PSP, but riders can request either an UberBLACK or UberSUV. Passengers being dropped off at the airport can still request an uberX.
- Waiting Zone for Visitors: The Park & Call Cell Lot allows visitors to park for free and wait in their vehicles for any arriving passengers. The lot is located off Kirk Douglas Parkway.
- Busy Times: With only two runways and ten airlines servicing this airport, PSP can seem sleepy at times. It’s busiest in the winter months and less crowded during the hot summer months, when temperatures can rise to over 100 degrees.
- Know Your Terminal: There is only one terminal, with two concourses and 20 gates. Check out this terminal map for more information.
- Volunteer Airport Navigators: Travelers needing assistance with ground transportation, meeting up with family and friends, or finding their way around Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley can ask one of the many Volunteer Airport Navigators for help. Look for their distinctive teal blue or yellow shirt with “Navigator” across the back.
- Best Wine Bar: Visit California Vintages, located just past security, and is considered one of the best airport wine bars. In addition to outdoor seating, the bar offers ten different wines—mostly from California—poured by the glass. Bottles to take home are also available.
- Get a Caffeine Fix: There are two Starbucks Coffee locations; one in the main terminal before security and another in the courtyard area beyond the Security Checkpoint.
- Save Money: The cheapest fare into Palm Springs International airport are during the summer months, particularly July and August. Fare are highest during peak times such as January (Palm Springs International Film Festival), February (Modernism Week), and April (Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival) and Stagecoach Country Music Festival).
- Fly Like a Celebrity: Flights leaving from Gates 12-20 depart from the tarmac. Passengers board and depart using ramps and airstairs, just like celebrities.
- Local Trivia: The airport was originally built as a United States Army Air Corps emergency landing field in 1939.
- Best Bars and Restaurants: Wondering where the locals grab a drink and food? Uber used anonymized trip data to gather the 10 most-visited bars and restaurants in the area.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.