Using Uber at Los Angeles International Airport
Traveling to the airport can be a little tricky, getting to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) can be exhausting after fighting traffic and shenanigans associated with flying out of California’s busiest airport. LAX had nearly 75 million travelers passing through in 2015 alone, a daunting number for the what is considered the seventh busiest airport in the world. But you can use Uber—either by calling an uberX or using uberPOOL to share a ride and save money—to help alleviate some of the stress of battling LAX.
Rather than make it to your gate with just seconds to spare or worse yet, missing your flight entirely, here are some helpful resources to prepare you for your visit or departure:
Resources for Los Angeles International Airport
- Uber Airport Page: With our airport pages, you’ll find specific, detailed instructions that will assist you with requesting an Uber at LAX, removing the hassle of getting picked up from the airport. Additionally, you can avoid parking your car at one of the many lots surrounding LAX as the parking garage shuttles can take nearly an hour to get to you, an added insult if you’ve already had to wait and eternity for your luggage.
- Traffic Report: Stay informed with all of the travel conditions on the road by listening toKNX 1070 AM.
- Terminal Waiting Times: Check the security wait times for your terminal by visiting the TSA site.
- TSA Flight Guidelines: It may seem silly, but going over the TSA guidelines about what you shouldn’t pack can save you valuable time at the security checkpoint, not to mention some of your possessions.
- LAX Terminal Map: There are 74 airlines at LAX, so you might want to familiarize yourself with a map of the terminals. You may even want to get to the airport a little early as there’s some really great food to check out. Golden Road Brewing recently opened a gastropub in Terminal 6, and there’s LA’s own Umami Burger in the Tom Bradley International terminal.
Now that you’re fully prepped for LAX, here are a few spots you might want to drop by during your stay in Los Angeles:
Where to Visit
- Venice Beach: Just a short Uber ride away from the airport, Venice Beach is worth visiting for the people watching alone. Sure, it may seem like a tourist trap but where else can one see rollerblading Rastafarian metal guitarists or two headed turtles?
- Mozza: Forget the long lines at Pink’s Hot Dogs. Instead, eat at world renowned chef and restaurateur Mario Batalia’s side-by-side restaurants Osteria Mozza, and the more casualPizzeria Mozza. Either way you go, you’re going to have some of the best Italian food or pizza you’ve ever feasted upon. Seriously, the pizza is that good.
- Largo: One of the great things about visiting the entertainment capital of the world is that you have performers of every stripe within arm’s reach. Largo at the Coronet boasts residencies by some of the biggest comedians working today, including Sarah Silverman, Jeff Garlin, and Tig Notaro, who all have monthly shows. Should you get there before the start of the show, visit The Roger Room, a cocktail bar next door that’s straight out of 1920s Hollywood.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.