Using Uber at John Wayne Airport
More than 10 millions passengers used John Wayne Airport in Orange County last year. While this is just a fraction of the foot traffic LAX receives, John Wayne is a popular airport among vacationers based on its close proximity to Disneyland, just fourteen miles away. That said, getting to and from the airport can be a hassle. Taking an Uber can remove a lot of the stress of getting to your flight on time or making it to that all-important meeting once you’ve landed, but there are also a few other resources at your fingertips that you may want to use.
Here are some helpful tips and resources that should make your next flight at John Wayne Airport a breeze:
Resources for John Wayne Airport
- Uber Airport Page: Once you’ve picked up your luggage, you can refer to Uber’s John Wayne Airport page for easy instructions on requesting an Uber.
- Traffic Report: Using the Orange County Sigalert site, you can stay on top of any congestion around the airport. Just because you’re not technically in Los Angeles doesn’t mean that you won’t have to deal with LA-sized traffic jams.
- Flight Tracker: You can check the check the status of all arrivals and departures in real time using the airport’s flight tracker.
- Terminal Waiting Times: It’s recommended that you show up to the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight. You can check security wait times for each terminal here.
- TSA Guidelines: To help you get through security as quickly as possible, you might find it helpful to review the TSA’s guidelines on prohibited items.
- John Wayne Terminal Map: While there are only three terminals at John Wayne, it always helps to know where you’re going before you get to the airport. Maps for arrivals can be found here while departures can be found here. You’ll also find a list of the many restaurants you can go to while waiting for your flight to board.
There’s no shortage of traveller-friendly destinations to go to once you’ve arrived in Orange County. Here are just a few of those places you might want to visit during your stay:
Where to Go
- Disneyland: Of course, you can’t travel to Orange County without visiting Disneyland. Chances are, that’s probably why you flew into John Wayne in the first place. Regardless, you’re going to want to spend a few days here as there’s no way to cover both of the parks (Disneyland Park and California Adventure) within one day.
- Crystal Cove: Visitors to Crystal Cove will find plenty to do as they can enjoy a day at the beach, explore tide pools, or even go mountain biking on some of the many trails. Right off the Pacific Coast Highway, the main attraction is the Historic District, where you can stay the night in one of their charming and rustic beach cottages from the 1930s. Information on renting one of the cottages along the shore can be found here, but they can go fast.
- Ramos House Café: Smack dab in the middle of the historic Los Rios neighborhood in San Juan Capistrano and just a stone’s throw away from John Wayne, The Ramos House Café is the perfect spot for brunch on the weekend. Be sure to wash down your biscuits and scotch eggs with their Soju Bloody Mary.