This Earth Month, clean out your closet and support Seattle Goodwill.
Did you know the average person throws out over 70 pounds of clothing each year? In honor of Earth Month, we’re teaming up with Seattle Goodwill to help keep useful goods out of landfills.
On Saturday, April 8 from 10am to 4pm, select the DONATE option at the bottom of the app, type in your location, hit request, and we’ll pick up your clothing donations for free. Your contribution will help fund Goodwill’s free job training and education programs. In addition, 5 participants will each win a pair of tickets to the Sustainable Sounds concert with KEXP on April 20.*
How it works:
- Bag your jackets, shirts, pants, and other unwanted clothing you’d like to donate.
- Open the Uber app between 10am and 4pm on Saturday, April 8.
- Tap the donate option at the bottom of the app.
- Type in your location and hit request.
- If you’re matched, an Uber driver-partner will arrive to collect your donations and drop them off at a nearby donation center.
- Those who donate will receive a follow-up email with tax receipt info.
- This free service will be available in the greater Seattle area.
- We can only accept clothing donations if they’re bagged.
- Our driver-partners can’t leave their cars unattended—please meet them curbside with your donations upon arrival.
- While you probably have other great items to donate, we’re only accepting clothing for this drive.
- Demand will be high, so please be patient.
Help make a positive impact in the Seattle community. Consider cleaning out your closet and supporting a great cause.
*Sweepstakes Name: Sustainable Sounds concert with KEXP. Sweepstakes Period: April 4 at 8 am through April 8 at 4 pm. Sweepstakes Area: Seattle, Washington. Winners Announced: By April 12 at noon. Eligibility Requirements: 21 years or older and legal resident of the state of Seattle, WA. Method of Entry: Participate in the Goodwill Clothing Drive in Seattle on April 8 (more information at t.uber.com/EarthDayDrive) or you can enter the Sweepstakes without obligation by sending a postcard indicating your interest in participating to Uber at 1000 2nd Ave, Suite 1300 Seattle, WA 98104. All written entries must be received by no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period. There is a maximum of One (1) entries per Entrant. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: 5 winners will each receive 2 tickets to the Sustainable Sounds concert with KEXP on April 20. How Winner is Selected: Winners will be randomly selected at the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Contact: Winner(s) will be contacted via email. Other Terms: For additional terms and conditions applicable to the Sustainable Sounds concert with KEXP sweepstakes, please see the Official Rules.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.