July Fourth #UberProTips
Happy Independence Day, y’all! Check out these Uber pro tips to ensure a five-star experience this weekend.
HEADED TO GAS WORKS PARK?
Traffic near the park will be bumper-to-bumper, so to speed up pickup times we suggest requesting a ride from neighboring areas like Eastlake, North Lake Union or South Lake Union. We’ll be sure there are plenty of Ubers available to take you safely to your next stop. Steer clear of Wallingford, where roads will be closed for the festivities.
PRE PICKUP PERFECTION
- Estimate your fare: No surprises here! You can always estimate your fare before requesting a ride.
- Surge drop: Requesting a ride during our super busy time? Well, what goes up must come down. Get notified when surge pricing ends.
- Make sure you’re in the right Uber: Once a driver is headed toward you, take a peek in the app to double check that you have the right ride. Driver name, car make, model and license plate number…oh my!
DURING YOUR RIDE
- Split your fare: Sometimes math is hard. Uber isn’t! Grabbing a ride with friends? We’ll help you settle up, fair and square.
- Share your ETA: Heading out to meet the fam? Wanna let ‘em know you’re on your way? Here’s how.
- Be an upstanding citizen: We know toasting to America can mean a boozy beverage or two. Party before and after the ride but please, not in the car.
AFTER YOU HOP OUT
Ratings should be based on your driver’s performance and quality of service, not the fare. Had an awesome experience? Give your driver a virtual high five by opening your app and tapping that fifth star! REMINDER: Drivers don’t control surge pricing. If you have concerns about the price, we’re happy to review your fare. Please reply to your ride receipt or contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
-Team Uber Seattle
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.