Introducing: FOR HIRE
As we like to say here at Uber, choice is a beeeeeautiful thing! Today, on top of our existing options of uberX, uberXL, Black Car and SUV cars in Seattle, we’re opening up the Uber platform to For Hire vehicles, bringing an additional safe, reliable and seamless option to Seattle riders!
I LOVE MORE OPTIONS! HOW WILL IT WORK?
FOR HIRE – like all services on the Uber platform – is completely cashless, enabling riders to request a ride and pay directly through the Uber app. Simply select the FOR HIRE option in-app, request, and as always, your card will be charged automatically. Easy-peasy.
- FOR HIRE pricing can be found here.
- Tip is set at 20% by default. You can change this setting at https://clients.uber.com. Log in and click on “Payment”. You’ll see at the bottom that you can adjust your tip preference.
- Four is the magic number. FOR HIRE can seat up to four passengers just like uberX & Black Car!
- Got a promo code? At this time, promotions cannot be applied to any FOR HIRE trips.
- There are no flat rates with FOR HIRE. Please make sure to grab a fare estimate in app before requesting!
- Eastsider? South Ender? We’ve got you covered. Most of the FOR HIRE supply can be found in the areas surrounding the Seattle city limits.
So, there you have it! Just another way to tap that app and get around the Emerald City. Have a question? Wanna give us a virtual high five? Send us a note here.
Happy Ubering! -Team Uber Seattle
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.