Introducing: FOR HIRE
As we like to say here at Uber, choice is a beeeeeautiful thing! Today, on top of our existing options of uberX, uberXL, Black Car and SUV cars in Seattle, we’re opening up the Uber platform to For Hire vehicles, bringing an additional safe, reliable and seamless option to Seattle riders!
I LOVE MORE OPTIONS! HOW WILL IT WORK?
FOR HIRE – like all services on the Uber platform – is completely cashless, enabling riders to request a ride and pay directly through the Uber app. Simply select the FOR HIRE option in-app, request, and as always, your card will be charged automatically. Easy-peasy.
- FOR HIRE pricing can be found here.
- Tip is set at 20% by default. You can change this setting at https://clients.uber.com. Log in and click on “Payment”. You’ll see at the bottom that you can adjust your tip preference.
- Four is the magic number. FOR HIRE can seat up to four passengers just like uberX & Black Car!
- Got a promo code? At this time, promotions cannot be applied to any FOR HIRE trips.
- There are no flat rates with FOR HIRE. Please make sure to grab a fare estimate in app before requesting!
- Eastsider? South Ender? We’ve got you covered. Most of the FOR HIRE supply can be found in the areas surrounding the Seattle city limits.
So, there you have it! Just another way to tap that app and get around the Emerald City. Have a question? Wanna give us a virtual high five? Send us a note here.
Happy Ubering! -Team Uber Seattle
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.