Give Thanks, Give Back With Uber
Thanksgiving has come and gone, but there’s still so much to be thankful for this holiday season. It’s the season of giving, and we’re here to lend a helping hand. To spread the love, we’ve partnered with our friends at the North Texas Food Bank to bring you #UberFoodDrive.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Open the app on Thursday, December 4 between 11 AM and 3 PM.
- Request the FOOD DRIVE option in your app!
- At no cost to you, a driver will arrive at your location to pick up your non-perishable food items to donate to the North Texas Food Bank.*
Want to get the whole office involved? Fill out this form to let us know, and we’ll guarantee a pickup. Plus, the top business that donates will have their holiday party sponsored by Uber (with discounted rides)!
- A minimum five item donation is kindly requested.
- Recommended donation items include canned vegetables, beans, peanut butter and more. Visit the North Texas Food Bank’s website to see a full list of shelf-stable items!
- Need a box for all your goods? North Texas Food Bank has your back. There are ten locations around the Metroplex to get a box for your food drive!
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pick-up location. It may be difficult for driver’s to leave their car unattended, so we ask that you bring your cans out to meet your driver when they arrive.
Not going to be around for a pickup? Not a problem! You can also donate online at the North Texas Food Bank website.
WHY IT MATTERS
Each year, nearly 440,000 men, women, and children turn to the North Texas Food Bank. Together we can make a difference – let’s stand up, pitch in, and give back this holiday season with Uber’s On-Demand Food Drive.
In 2013 alone, the North Texas Food Bank provided access to over 62 million meals for those in need.
Every can counts towards feeding Dallas/Fort Worth this holiday season and with your help, we can fight hunger in DFW. Let’s make a difference together! Questions or comments? Let us know at SupportDFW@Uber.com.
Saddle Up, Uber On and Give Back,
– The Uber DFW Team
*All donations made in Tarrant County will be donated to the Tarrant Area Food Bank. Source: The North Texas Food Bank
Cupcakes, gelato, doughnuts… you name it, UberEATS has it. This Friday, October 14 UberEATS is celebrating National Dessert Day with $2 desserts from a selection of Austin’s favorites. Here are six choices available via the UberEATS app to satisfy your sweet tooth. Cornucopia Popcorn For all of you looking for a salty and sweet combo, enjoy some poppin’ flavor from Cornucopia Popcorn. […]