Uber and Goodwill® Make Spring Cleaning Easy in Philly
Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of year for cleaning out closets. In the spirit of the season, we are teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® Industries of New Jersey and Philadelphia and Goodwill® of Delaware and Delaware County to make donating clothing quick and convenient.
This Saturday, May 9, clean out your closets and let Uber take care of the rest with #UberSpringCleaning
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS:
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 5pm on Saturday, May 9
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items and will drop-off your donation to Goodwill Industries of New Jersey and Philadelphia or Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
It’s totally FREE!
WHERE IS IT AVAILABLE?
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation.
- A driver will arrive at your requested pickup location. Please keep in mind that your driver cannot leave the vehicle unattended—we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when he or she arrives.
- #UberSpringCleaning will be in high demand so please be patient!
- Those who are able to donate on May 9 will receive a follow up email in 7-10 business days with tax receipt information.
If you are unable to donate on May 9, you can still help your local Goodwill® by finding the nearest donation center here. We are thrilled to be partnering with Goodwill Industries of New Jersey and Philadelphia and Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County for #UberSpringCleaning this Saturday. By donating, you’re not only checking a box on your to-do list, but also supporting Goodwill in its mission of job placement and training for people in your community.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.