Take a Ride in Philly on Levar Burton!
It’s Spring in Philly and not only are butterflies in the sky, but *secret* Ubers are on the road. This past Saturday Philly was all abuzz about one Uber rider in particular. Mr. LeVar Burton (Gasp!) traveled from the far reaches of DC to attend the Star Trek Convention right outside of Philly. This is the same man who made most of us literate with Reading Rainbow, and eventually took us to the Final Frontier with Star Trek, destroying our social lives. It’s like a unicorn had blessed Philly.
Given how much love he’s shown Uber, we want to honor him and our Uber Philly riders with a special…
*LeVar Burton promo code to use this weekend*
- Use the code “UberRainbow” and get $26 towards 1 ride you take from Friday through Sunday at 5pm in Philly.
- “26? Why such an odd number?” 26 is the total number of Emmys that Reading Rainbow won in its 21 year run.
- Trust us, you’ll like it. But you don’t have to take our word for it……
In an Uber car you can go anywhere, find some ways to grow. In an Uber, you can be anything!
1. Download the Uber iPhone or Android app and sign up with an account. For the SMS feature, sign up at https://m.uber.com/. Use the promo code “UberRainbow”.
2. Request a black car via the app when you need one (all rides are on-demand). If you’re using SMS rather than the app, text message your pickup address to 827-222 (example: 1577 Rittner Street, Philadelphia’). You’ll receive a text message of your ETA, along with one once your driver has arrived.
3. With your credit card on file, there’s no cash or tipping. Simply get to your destination, rate your driver, and get on your merry way. Also in honor of Thank a Teacher Week, send a thanks to your favorite educator and go enjoy a good book. Might we recommend Where the Wild Things Are.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.