Help Philadelphia Gear Up For Winter
The season of giving is now upon us. We’ve teamed up with our friends at Cradles to Crayons to help keep children throughout the Delaware Valley warm this winter season.
DONATE YOUR GENTLY WORN WINTER GEAR THIS
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6TH!
How it works
- Gather your gently worn youth coats and winter gear
- Open your Uber app between 9am – 6pm on Saturday, December 6
- Select the ‘DONATE’ option at the bottom of the screen
- An Uber will arrive to pick up your donation, free of charge!
- A driver will arrive at your requested pick-up location. You are responsible for bringing items out to the car as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended
- Donation pick-ups will be available throughout the region but demand will be high so please be patient!
- If you’ve already cleaned out your winter clothes, you can still help Cradles to Crayons with a monetary donation here.
What items are most in need?
Items in high demand include youth sized winter jackets from newborn up to adult small. Hats, mittens, gloves, and scarves are also appreciated. A full list of critical need items can be found here.
Cradles to Crayons provides children from birth through age 12, living in homeless or low-income situations, with the essential items they need to thrive – at home, at school and at play. We supply these items free of charge by engaging and connecting communities that have with communities that need.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.