Outsmart the Flu with UberHEALTH in PDX
Flu season is just around the corner and trying to squeeze in your latest immunization may not be on the top of your To Do List.
You’re not alone. The flu affects up to 20% of the population each year — but it’s preventable. While vaccination remains the single best option, less than 50% of adults receive a flu shot.
Let us help you beat the bug. On Thursday, we’re bringing house calls back with UberHEALTH across more than 35 US cities. From 11 am until 3 pm we will be delivering wellness packs for $10. If you request and receive a wellness pack, you’ll also have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse for up to ten people – at the single touch of a button.
ON THURSDAY, FLU PREVENTION IS ON DEMAND IN 35 CITIES
HOW IT WORKS:
- Open your Uber app between 11 am and 3 pm
- Select the ‘UberHEALTH’ option and request. Pro Tip: Please select a suitable indoor location prior to UberHEALTH arriving.
- Upon arrival, users will receive a wellness pack for $10 and the option to request a Fluzone® vaccine from a registered nurse from Passport Health for up to ten people – at no cost.
- If you request a shot, the nurse will handle all paperwork and consent forms
- We expect demand for UberHEALTH to be high, so your patience is appreciated.
Last year we learned some valuable insights from our first UberHEALTH pilot program and today our journal was published in the Annals of Internal Medicine* that explores more. Convenience and delivery method are both key components of many people’s decision of whether or not to get a flu shot.We know there is more that we can do and are thrilled to have John Brownstein, PhD joining as our first advisor in the field of health care. With his guidance and expertise, we will be able to identify other ways we can leverage the Uber platform so we can drive to a healthier future.
Unable to get UberHEALTH, but still interested in getting a flu shot? Use VaccineFinder to find the nearest shot provider nationwide.
- Cost is $10 for wellness pack which includes a UberHEALTH water bottle, tissues, hand sanitizer, lollipop and recyclable UberHEALTH tote.
- Maximum of one wellness pack & ten free flu shots per request.
- All vaccinations (appropriate for ages 4 and up) will be administered by a registered nurse through Passport Health. All consent information and paperwork stays between the recipient and them.
About John Brownstein, PhD:
John Brownstein, Ph.D., is the Director of Computational Epidemiology Group at Boston Children’s Hospital and Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School. He is the co-founder of Epidemico and is joining as Uber’s first advisor in the field of health care.
*This article is made freely available to our readers via an agreement with the American College of Physicians. Website users may not distribute or post this article without written permission from the American College of Physicians. Posting or distributing article PDFs not only violates the ACP copyright, but it also could proliferate the sharing of non-authoritative versions of articles. Brownstein JS, Huston JE, Steingold L, Joyce MV. On-Demand Delivery of Influenza Vaccination. Ann Intern Med. 2015;163:806-807. doi:10.7326/L15-5169 Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â© 2015 American College of Physicians. Used with permission.
Sources:CDC National Early Season Flu Vaccination Coverage, United States, November 2014.
Thompson M. Updated Estimates of Mortality Associated with Seasonal Influenza through the 2006-2007 Influenza Season. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59(33):1057-1062.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Sweepstakes Name: March EATS Bonanza Sweepstakes Period: Monday, March 27, 2017 at 4:00pm PDT until Monday, April 03, 2017 at 11:55 pm PDT Winners Announced: Thursday, April 6, 2017 by 2:00pm PDT Age/Location Requirements: UberEATS users 18 years or older in Portland, OR Method of Entry: You may enter by one of two methods: (1) Place two […]