Neighborhood Love: Montavilla / Foster
As we clock in 120 days here in Portland under the City’s ridesharing pilot, we are really excited to continue helping residents explore the Rose City’s great neighborhoods.
In fact, we’ve seen that Uber is as reliable for those who live in the bustling downtown, as those living in more distant neighborhoods like Montavilla with trip completion rates hitting 97% in both neighborhoods.
As we look forward to calling Portland our permanent home this October, we’re continuing to team up with local businesses to get more residents venturing out and discovering local nuggets like one of the world’s oldest fortune cookie factory, cosplay figure drawing classes, world-renowned dance instructors and so much more.
From Sat, Aug 22nd – Mon, Sept 7th, explore the places that makes Montavilla and Foster Portland’s best-kept secret. Take a free ride to one of those neighborhoods on us and your Uber receipt will unlock backstage tours, free classes and unique discounts from over 20 local favorites. Just enter promo code MONTFOST and head on over.
What to do:
- From 8/22 – 9/7, download your Uber app and enter Promo Code: MONTFOST (New and Existing users)
- Take a ride to the Montavilla or Foster area. (See boundaries here)
- To redeem exclusive experiences and deals, show your Uber receipt to an employee at any of the businesses on the list below.
- Red Castle Games – Roll two 20-sided dice and take that percentage off the price of any in-stock board game! Your discount can be as high as 40%!
- Smart Collective – 10% off
- Pod Bar – Special of One Buck off all draft products. $2.50 beers and $3.00 ciders
- Happy Espresso – 1$ off specialty drinks 38 specials
- Road Runner BBQ – 2$ off any Brisket or Pork plate
- J’Mo’s Sandwich Shack – 1$ off sandwiches and 2$ off dinner pastas
- Wolf & Rabbit Emporium – 10% off all hanging art + free postcard when you sign up for any classes! Wed. 7-9pm: “Character Design, Concept Art, Comics & Cartooning $20 (regular $25) . Thurs. 7-9pm: “Cosplay Figure Drawing” $10
- Darling Press & Stationary – Come see a 117-year-old printing press in action and learn about the history of letterpress printing.
- I’ve Been Framed – FREE brush or pencil for coming in.
- Pacific Solutions – 10% off labor of any desktop or notebook repair
- Bar Maven – Two beers and any appetizer off our Happy Hour menu for $14
- Pieper Cafe – Buy any breakfast or lunch panini, and receive a free drink!
- Carpenter’s Tax & Accountant – Free 30 minute consultation (a $125 value) with either Mike or Barbara Carpenter, both of whom are Enrolled Agents. You may discuss any tax related issues or questions you have. Keep in mind that the information discussed is confidential. Since we are not reviewing your prior year’s return or records the advice will be of a general nature and should not be used as a basis to prepare tax returns or deal with a tax issue.
- Hungry Heart PDX – FREE mini cupcake with any purchase!
- Maven Collective – History of silks and fabrics
- La Bouffe International – 10% discount off of the entire receipt with uber account.
- Personal Beast – 25% off any treat, toy or accessory!
- Jukebox Guitar – One free guitar lesson or an hour’s worth of professional repair and setups for your favorite instrument.
- Montavilla Farmer’s Market – 25% off a Montavilla Farmers Market t-shirt
- Cactus Records – Pick a rare, vintage record and listen to it on our vintage record player while you shop!
- Branch Birdie – Please enjoy 25% of any one item in store and a coupon to be used at Branch Birdie’s soon-to-be-open sister shop Le Souk Le Souk (opening in September located on NW 23rd). Come to Branch Birdie and we’ll give you the scoop on our new Moroccan-inspired shop!
- Union Rose – 5% off anything you buy in the store!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. Sweepstakes Name: March EATS Bonanza Sweepstakes Period: Monday, March 27, 2017 at 4:00pm PDT until Monday, April 03, 2017 at 11:55 pm PDT Winners Announced: Thursday, April 6, 2017 by 2:00pm PDT Age/Location Requirements: UberEATS users 18 years or older in Portland, OR Method of Entry: You may enter by one of two methods: (1) Place two […]