Dress for Success Oklahoma City: On-demand Donation Drive
Uber is passionate about making cities better and empowering all members of the community. To promote women’s economic independence, we’re teaming up with Dress for Success Oklahoma City as we celebrate Women’s Equality Day this Wednesday.
Our partnership with Dress for Success Oklahoma City allows you to donate items that help disadvantaged women gear up for job interviews. On Wednesday, August 26, open your app and donate to Dress for Success Oklahoma City at the touch of a button.
Pro Tip: Beginning today, bring donation items to work and gather one big donation pickup from your workplace on Wednesday. Share the donation drive with co-workers that don’t use Uber and encourage the entire office to participate!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up gently-used professional attire, unopened makeup, accessories and new/unopened toiletries (i.e. jackets, suits, blouses, black and brown handbags, shoes, jewelry, and toiletries like full-size shampoo and conditioners, mascara, lipstick, deodorant, etc.).
- Open your Uber app between 11AM and 2PM on Wednesday, August 26th.
- Request GIVE on the bottom right of the screen.
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items and will drop off your donation to the Dress for Success Oklahoma City – completely for FREE!
- Those who are able to donate on August 26 will receive a follow up email mid next week with tax receipt information.
When women thrive and reach their full potential, Oklahoma City is stronger. Together, we can help further this mission by ensuring every woman is equipped and empowered to achieve economic independence.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS IN OKLAHOMA CITY:
- Plus-size clothing (Sizes 20-30)
- Pantyhose/body shapers (plus size, weight 200+)
- Professional shoes/heels (Sizes 10-13)
- Unused cosmetics
- Work purses/briefcases
- Educational supplies for the Professional Womens Group (Pens, notepads, folders, binders, etc)
- Resumé paper
Looking for more ways to give? Enter promo code SUCCESSOKC and Uber will donate $1 to Dress for Success Oklahoma City for each ride taken this Wednesday.**
**Uber will donate $1 for each trip taken using the code “SUCCESSOKC” from 9AM to 9PM CST on August 26, 2015. Donations will be capped at $1,000.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.