Navigate Pride with Help from Yelp
This weekend marks 35 years of Pride in Columbus and we’re honored to stand beside the LGBTQA community during this time of reflection and celebration. Whether you’re an ally or fall somewhere along the rainbow spectrum, we’ve partnered with Yelp* to round up our favorite tips and ideas to help you have the best time ever.
Here’s what’s on deck this weekend:
- Pride Patio Festival, 4pm
- Early Friday evening is the perfect time to check out the Pride Patio. The crowd is much smaller, so you can explore the area, grab a bite to eat, and listen to live music concerts all night long. PRO tip: Whatever you do, make sure you find Barroluco’s amazing Argentine food at the festival. Yelpers are going crazy over this local favorite.
- Dance For Orlando, 8pm-10pm
- Damn Girl, 10pm
- Damn Girl is a monthly dance party for all! Located at Skully’s, it is the largest monthly dance party in the city. The music is rooted in disco funk and includes everything up to current releases.
- Pre-Parade Brunch, 9am
- Nobody does pre-parade brunch quite like Union. There’s a good reason why they’ve been hosting it for 20 years.
- Pride Parade, 10:30am
- The parade kicks off 30 minutes earlier this year at 10:30am, so don’t oversleep from all that dancing the night before. If you want to see the parade up close and personal, head to the corner of Broad and Front. You’ll get a great view and the parade energy is at its peak.
- If you want a cushier seat for the parade, we adore Denmark. Grab yourself a craft cocktail and watch the festivities through the huge windows overlooking High Street.
- Bat N’ Rouge, 12pm
- Sleep in and head to Bat N’ Rouge anytime after noon. This ain’t your typical charity softball game – Nina West and Virginia West host this spectacular event, so you won’t even care which team is ahead. Proceeds go to Stonewall Columbus, Kaleidoscope Youth Center, Equitas Health (Formerly ARC Ohio), and CLGSA.
- Go to a gay bar
- Honor LGBTQA heritage and visit one (or all!) of Columbus’ 14 gay bars. And don’t be afraid to look beyond the rainbow arches of the Short North – the South Side is chock-full of awesome dives, including the newly-opened Boscoe’s. Check out all the reviews on Yelp and decide which gay bar is perfect for you.
*Special thanks to Bryant Miller from @YelpCbus for curating this Pride Guide. Be sure to follow him on Twitter and Instagram for the latest and greatest on all of the Columbus hotspots.
Ride Together All Weekend
Follow these tips to navigate Pride like a pro:
Pre-game is over, time for the bars: Your perfect pickup
- Set your pickup location to an area away from crowds, call or text your driver if you’re having trouble connecting with them, and check the license plate and name of your driver before you hop in.
Squad up: Fare splitting
- Tap the driver’s info, select “Split Fare”, select the friends you’re riding with, and tap “Send”.
Econ 101: Dynamic pricing
- Know when demand is highest. The highest point of demand will likely be immediately after an event or last call at the bar. Try avoiding increased rates by waiting for the initial rush.
- Be notified when rates return to normal. If the price isn’t right, use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping! Simply select “Notify Me If Surge Ends” on the surge pricing screen and a notification will be sent to you when rates begin to decrease.
Be safe, Columbus, and wave your rainbow flags with pride! Come together, be together, ride together.
Love is love,
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.