Red, White, and BOOM! Pro Tips And A Chance To Ride Like A VIP!
We’re just days away from the biggest event of the summer in Columbus! From the parade, to the fireworks, to getting home safely –we’ve got you covered. See below for pro tips and a chance to win a VIP experience!
WIN A PAIR OF VIP TICKETS TO BOOM!
Experience the show in true Uber style! We’re giving away 2 VIP passes and an Uber promo code worth up to $50 off two rides.
IT’S EASY TO WIN
Simply share the provided messages to Facebook or Twitter, using the links below, and you could be enjoying the likes of the VIP area with catered food, beer, wine, and the best view of the fireworks this Friday! The winner will be announced Friday at Noon!
- 2 Red, White, and BOOM! VIP passes valued at $100 each.
- 1 Uber promo code worth up to $50 off two rides.
SHARE TO WIN
Follow these tips to navigate your Red, White, and BOOM! plans like a pro:
PRO TIP #5: RIDER ETIQUETTE
Don’t be that guy/gal. Be respectful to your driver and their car.
- Choose the right type of vehicle. Have 4 passengers? Request uberX, uberSELECT or UberBLACK. Have more than 4 passengers? Request uberXL which can hold up to 6 passengers.
- No need to tip. Riding Uber means there’s no need to tip! When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out and be on your way.
- Rate your driver based on their performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. You can always reply to your receipt if you have a question and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
What’s not allowed in the car:
- Illegal substances (duh – it’s the law!)
PRO TIP #4: YOUR PERFECT PICKUP
Things might get kinda hectic in the hustle and bustle of the more than 400,000 people anticipated to be at BOOM!
- Choose a car-friendly pickup location, away from the crowds. Manually enter your address so your driver can easily navigate to you. Tap the pickup location bar at the top of the screen to enter you location. For BOOM! we recommend setting your pickup location as Huntington Park, on the corner of Nationwide Blvd. and Neil Ave.
- Check the license plate and name of your driver at the bottom of the screen. Use this information to confirm the correct vehicle before you enter the car.
- Call or text your driver if you’re having a hard time connecting by tapping the driver information at the bottom of the screen, followed by “Contact”.
PRO TIP #3: FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
Sharing the cost of the ride home is a win/win!
How to split your fare once you’ve requested a ride:
- Tap the driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and be taken to the app to confirm.
- Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
PRO TIP #2: UNDERSTANDING DYNAMIC PRICING
Our goal is to be the most reliable ride on the road and sometimes we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight. During this time, dynamic pricing will automatically go into effect to encourage more drivers to get out on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates will go back to normal.
- Know when Uber demand is highest. The two highest points of demand will likely be immediately after the fireworks’ finale and the last call at the bars. Try avoiding increased rates by waiting for the initial rush after the fireworks to calm down and/or plan to leave the bars before everyone starts to head out.
- Be notified when rates return to normal. If the dynamic rate isn’t to your liking, you can use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping! Simply select “Notify Me If Surge Ends” on the surge pricing screen and a notification will be sent to you when rates begin to decrease.
- No surprises when you estimate your fare. Surprises aren’t for everyone. That’s why we’ll always notify you in BIG, BOLD print if surge pricing is in effect and ask you to manually type in the higher multiple before you can request a ride. Enter your drop off location and tap “Fare Quote” to get an estimate of the cost of your ride.
PRO TIP #1: UBER IS DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
We are committed to the safety of everyone using Uber. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.
Follow these tips to ensure a 5-Star Uber experience:
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him or her your name.
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
- Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly!
New to Uber?
Get your first ride free, up to $20! Use promo code BOOM15 when you signup, then ride by December 31st, 2015!
Have a safe and happy 4th!
The Fine Print:
Sweepstakes Name: Red, White & BOOM! Ticket Giveaway
Sweepstakes Period: Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 from 8am until Friday, July 3rd at 11:59am.
Winner Announcement: Friday, July 3rd, 2015 at 12:00pm.
Age Requirements: 21 years or older
Method of Entry: Share Uber’s tweet and/or Facebook post(shared via the blog post t.uber.com/rwb2015) to be entered to win a pair of VIP passes to Red, White, and BOOM! 2015 and an Uber promotional code worth up to $50 off of two rides. See Other Terms for additional methods of entry.
Prize: The winner will receive 2 VIP tickets to the Red, White and BOOM! event on July 3, 2015 and a promotional code worth up to $50 off of up to two rides using the Uber platform.
Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $250
How the winner will be Selected: The winners will be randomly chosen
Qualifications: applicants must tweet mentioning twitter handle @Uber_OHIO and #uberBOOM15 or share the Facebook post provided in the blog post t.uber.com/rwb2015
Contact: Winners will receive an email in regards to redemption information
Other Terms: Please review the other terms and conditions applicable to the Red, White & BOOM! Ticket Giveaway
Last updated March 11, 2016
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.