Getting Around Cleveland for the Republican National Convention
2016 marks an election year, and next week, the Republican National Convention descends upon our very own Cleveland. While we still have days to go, we want to make sure you are prepped to get around the city.
During the RNC, Cle will be buzzing with events, political gatherings, parties, you name it. Luckily, Uber will be up and running all week to help you get around safely. Where there’s an event, we’ll be there to pick you up.
If you don’t have easy access to an open street for pickup, be sure to stop by our rider lounge at 1400 W 3rd Street where you can connect with a driver easily.
Flying in from out of town? No car? No problem. Check out our tips below for getting picked up or dropped off at the airport. It’s smooth, simple, and makes traveling a piece of cake.
Arrange a pickup:
- Once you’re safely on the ground, open your app and tap request when you are ready
- We recommend your request your ride after you have your luggage
- Head to Baggage Claim
- Look for the “RIDESHARE PICKUP” signs that will direct you to where you’ll meet your Uber
- Follow the escalators on either side of the Welcome Desk in Baggage Claim and head to the marked Uber pickup zone
- If you’re having trouble, airport ambassadors will be around to assist you
- Once you arrive to the pickup location, your Uber driver will meet you at the rideshare lot
- Remember, you can always contact your driver through the app if needed
Get dropped off:
- Request a ride from your pickup location
- Confirm your driver’s license plate number
- Pull up to the airport passenger drop-off area
Be on the lookout for more details, tips, and tricks as the RNC approaches.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.