How Ohio Does Summer
Summer is finally upon us and that can only mean one thing. Well, a few things for us Ohioans—festivals of all kinds, barbeque, cookouts, fairs, outdoor parties, and more. Activities on activities! When the weather calls, we come running and we’ve put together a little list of some of the can’t-miss events in the great, buckeye state. Plus, we’ve added some tips and tricks to keep you moving all summer long.
June 24–26, 2016
Goodale Park | Columbus, OH
June 24–25, 2016
Washington Park | Cincinnati, OH
June 30–July 3, 2016
Firestone Country Club | Akron, OH
July 22—July 24, 2016
Scioto Mile | Columbus, OH
July 30, 2016
Black River Landing | Lorain, OH
TIPS AND TRICKS
Follow these tips to ensure an effortless pickup from your summer events:
- Set your pickup location to an area away from crowds and in vehicle accessible areas by moving your pin, or entering an address
- If you’re having a hard time connecting with your driver, call or send a text
- Tap the driver’s info and select “Split Fare”
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”
We aim to be one of the most reliable rides on the road and occasionally we see such high demand that available cars become limited. When demand outweighs supply, dynamic pricing kicks in. As demand decreases, rates will return to normal.
- Know when demand is highest. Try avoiding increased rates by waiting for rush periods (i.e. the start or end of an event).
- Be notified when rates return to normal. If the price isn’t right, use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping. Simply select “Notify Me If Surge Ends” on the surge pricing screen and a notification will be sent to you when rates begin to decrease.
Cheers to summer!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.