How Ohio Does Summer
Summer is finally upon us and that can only mean one thing. Well, a few things for us Ohioans—festivals of all kinds, barbeque, cookouts, fairs, outdoor parties, and more. Activities on activities! When the weather calls, we come running and we’ve put together a little list of some of the can’t-miss events in the great, buckeye state. Plus, we’ve added some tips and tricks to keep you moving all summer long.
June 24–26, 2016
Goodale Park | Columbus, OH
June 24–25, 2016
Washington Park | Cincinnati, OH
June 30–July 3, 2016
Firestone Country Club | Akron, OH
July 22—July 24, 2016
Scioto Mile | Columbus, OH
July 30, 2016
Black River Landing | Lorain, OH
TIPS AND TRICKS
Follow these tips to ensure an effortless pickup from your summer events:
- Set your pickup location to an area away from crowds and in vehicle accessible areas by moving your pin, or entering an address
- If you’re having a hard time connecting with your driver, call or send a text
- Tap the driver’s info and select “Split Fare”
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”
We aim to be one of the most reliable rides on the road and occasionally we see such high demand that available cars become limited. When demand outweighs supply, dynamic pricing kicks in. As demand decreases, rates will return to normal.
- Know when demand is highest. Try avoiding increased rates by waiting for rush periods (i.e. the start or end of an event).
- Be notified when rates return to normal. If the price isn’t right, use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping. Simply select “Notify Me If Surge Ends” on the surge pricing screen and a notification will be sent to you when rates begin to decrease.
Cheers to summer!
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.