Donate to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Annual Toy Drive
It’s the most wonderful time of the year—and that means there’s no better time to give back to our community. In the spirit of the season, we are getting involved to help gather donated toys for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Annual Toy Drive. This Saturday, December 3, use your Uber app to donate toys that will benefit patients of Nationwide Children’s.
On Saturday, December 3, get your donations ready and we’ll take care of the rest.
HOW IT WORKS
- Gather new toys, or items from the list below that you are willing to donate
- Open your Uber app between 10am-1pm on Saturday, December 3
- Request the “GIVE” option
- If you’re connected, a driver will arrive to pick up your donations and deliver it to Nationwide Children’s at no cost
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pickup location. Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended—we ask that you bring your donations out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- Demand may be high so please be patient!
“We are so grateful for partners like Uber who dedicate their time and resources to making the holidays brighter for the kids and families being cared for at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.” – Amanda Dove, Director, Corporate Partnerships at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation
Not sure what to donate? While the hospital cannot accept food or clothing, below is their ‘Top 10 Wish List’ of items they can collect.
- Plastic infant/toddler musical light up or vibrating toys (V-Tech, Fisher-Price, Munchkin)
- Lego sets (small and medium sizes)
- Musical soothers (plastic without cloth parts)
- UNO card game
- Little Tike & Fisher Price action structures and parts, people, cars, animals & trains
- DVD’s (Disney, Pixar, Teen)
- Crayola art supplies (24-pack crayons, markers, colored pencils, scissors), coloring books, craft kits
- Play-Doh and Play-Doh kits
- Amazon gift cards
If you are unable to donate through the Uber app, you can still help by bringing your donations directly to the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Annual Toy Drive on December 3 between 10am-3pm.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.