Holiday Pro Tips
Our technology allows us to focus on safety for riders and driver-partners before, during, and after trips. From the moment you request a ride to the moment you arrive, we are committed to the safety of everyone using Uber. We’ve teamed up with the Cincinnati Metro Police Department this holiday season to highlight a few tips to keep in mind while celebrating with friends and family this year.
CINCINNATI POLICE DEPARTMENT TIPS
- Always choose Uber or another form of alternative transportation if you have been drinking.
- Fasten your seatbelt from the time you enter a vehicle to the time you exit the vehicle.
- When crossing the street to meet your driver, first look both ways and always use a crosswalk.
SIMPLE STEPS FOR YOUR RIDE
- Know Your Driver. Before your trip, you will receive your driver’s name, rating, photo, vehicle type, and license plate number, so that you can make sure you’re getting in the right car with the right driver.
- Need to contact your driver? You are able to call your driver through the app using an anonymized phone number. That way, you can speak to the driver without ever sharing any personal information.
- Share your ETA. The rider can see the vehicle approaching on a map, and share their journey in real time with friends or loved ones using our Share My ETA feature.
- Provide feedback. We take post-ride feedback seriously and use it when evaluating our driver-partner relationships.
SHARE THE LOVE
Celebrating the holiday season doesn’t have to break the bank. Save the bread for the dinner table with these easy steps:
- Choose uberXL to take you and five of your closest friends to your favorite hangout.
- Fare split with your friends from within the app to make a cheap ride even cheaper.
- Share your referral code with that one relative who just got a smartphone – they’ll get $15 off their first trip, and you’ll get $15 off your next trip, too!
Last updated March 11, 2016
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.