Your Game Day Guide is Arriving Now
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: our beloved Ohio Football season! After months of anticipation, the 2014 undisputed National Champs are back and already off to a great start. If you’re like us, and by us we mean anyone in Ohio and breathing, we know how excited you are for the Shoe to fill up with that scarlet and grey for the first home game this weekend. This fall, we want to help you navigate your football season like a pro.
REQUESTING YOUR RIDE
Set your pickup location to an area away from crowds and in vehicle accessible areas by moving your pin or manually entering an address. In simpler terms, cars can’t drive to meet you at the 50-yard line at halftime, so wait until you are on the street or type in a location to request your ride.
You love to hate it, but learn to love it. Surge pricing is what helps us keep you moving when you absolutely need a ride. This comes into effect when demand profoundly outweighs supply. It encourages more drivers to get out on the road and also allows those that are already driving to know where they are needed most. We are always completely transparent about our pricing, with notifications and confirmation screens to make sure you’re aware that surge pricing is in effect.
Trust us, we would rather have a car for every football fan than have people pay more. However, dynamic pricing lets us give you the option to get a car when you really need it – like game days.
- Know when Uber demand is highest. The two highest points of demand will likely be immediately before and after the inevitable Scarlet & Grey victory. Try avoiding increased rates by waiting for the initial rush of fans getting to the game and/or plan to leave the stadium before everyone starts to head out.
- Be notified when rates return to normal. If the dynamic rate isn’t to your liking, you can use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping! Simply select “Notify Me If Surge Ends” on the surge pricing screen and a notification will be sent to you when rates begin to decrease.
- No surprises when you estimate your fare. Enter your drop off location and tap “Fare Quote” to get an estimate of the cost of your ride. Below are some helpful estimates we have run for you on uberX.
- Short North to Ohio Stadium, $5-8
- Grandview to Ohio Stadium, $5-8
- Upper Arlington to Ohio Stadium, $6-9
BE FAIR WITH YOUR FARE
Don’t forget, you can always split your fare through the app with others riding with you. Just tap the driver’s info and select “Split Fare”, select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”. If your fellow riders don’t have Uber, they will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
OUR FAVE GAME DAY DIGS
If you’re not tailgating or going to the game, be sure to check out some of our favorite viewing spots!
- The Little Bar – massive outdoor screens and close to all the action
- Out R Inn – one of the longest standing bars on campus, a true game day tradition
- O Patio & Pub – large covered patio, great drink specials, and centrally located
Visit one or all three on these busy days with the help of Uber.
THE MOST RELIABLE RIDE IN TOWN
We strive to be a safe, hassle-free option to get you where you need to go. Leave the keys at home and don’t worry about parking on jam-packed campus streets, or having that extra drink or two when our home team wins, which will be often. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.
New to Uber?
Get your first ride free, up to $20! Use promo code BUCKEYES15 when you signup, then ride by November 9th, 2015!
Have a safe and happy football season!
Last updated March 11, 2016
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.