Dress for Success Columbus + Uber: Making Donating Easy
Uber is passionate about making cities better and empowering all members of our communities. We’ve teamed up with Dress for Success Columbus to promote women’s economic independence here in Ohio.
“This partnership helps us not only reach out to the masses, but uplift women while bringing value and convenience to our community.” – Melony Butler, Executive Director for Dress for Success Cleveland
Our partnership with Dress for Success Columbus allows you to donate items that help disadvantaged women get dressed up for job interviews. On Wednesday, October 21, open your app and donate your items to Dress for Success Columbus at the touch of a button.
PRO-TIP: Starting today, bring your donation items and clothing to work and gather one big donation pickup for Wednesday. Share the donation drive with co-workers who haven’t used Uber and encourage the entire office to participate!
HOW IT WORKS
- Bag up gently-used professional attire, unopened makeup, accessories and new/unopened toiletries (i.e. jackets, suits, blouses, black and brown handbags, shoes, jewelry, and toiletries like full-size shampoo and conditioners, mascara, lipstick, deodorant, etc.)
- Open your Uber app between 11AM and 2PM on Wednesday, October 21st
- Request GIVE on the bottom right of the screen
- If you’re connected, a vehicle will arrive to pick up your items and will drop off your donation to Dress for Success Columbus – completely for FREE!
- (Those who are able to donate on October 21 will receive a follow-up email mid next week with tax receipt information.)
MOST NEEDED ITEMS IN COLUMBUS
- Fall/winter professional attire clothing (including plus size)
- Professional shoes
- New, unopened cosmetics: regular-sized shampoo & conditioner, mascara, foundation, and lipstick
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, & soap
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.