Dress for Success Cleveland + Uber: Making Donating Easy
Uber is passionate about making cities better and empowering all members of our communities. We’ve teamed up with Dress for Success Cleveland to promote women’s economic independence here in Ohio.
“This partnership helps us not only reach out to the masses, but uplift women while bringing value and convenience to our community.” – Melony Butler, Executive Director for Dress for Success Cleveland
Our partnership with Dress for Success Cleveland allows you to donate items that help disadvantaged women get dressed up for job interviews. On Wednesday, October 21, open your app and donate your items to Dress for Success Cleveland at the touch of a button.
PRO-TIP: Starting today, bring your donation items and clothing to work and gather one big donation pickup for Wednesday. Share the donation drive with co-workers who haven’t used Uber and encourage the entire office to participate!
HOW IT WORKS
- Bag up gently-used professional attire, unopened makeup, accessories and new/unopened toiletries (i.e. jackets, suits, blouses, black and brown handbags, shoes, jewelry, and toiletries like full-size shampoo and conditioners, mascara, lipstick, deodorant, etc.)
- Open your Uber app between 11AM and 2PM on Wednesday, October 21st
- Request GIVE on the bottom right of the screen
- If you’re connected, a vehicle will arrive to pick up your items and will drop off your donation to Dress for Success Cleveland – completely for FREE!
- (Those who are able to donate on October 21 will receive a follow-up email mid next week with tax receipt information.)
MOST NEEDED ITEMS IN CLEVELAND
- Fall/winter professional attire clothing (including plus size)
- Professional shoes
- New, unopened cosmetics: regular-sized shampoo & conditioner, mascara, foundation, and lipstick
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, & soap
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.