Ride Like a Pro in Cincy
Music season has hit the Queen City! Whether you’re headed to a festival or to a summer concert, use these tips to make getting to and from your destination one of the day’s high notes.
Make it a platinum pickup
Whether you’re a basshead or a pop princess, use these tips to ride like a pro!
- Know your driver. Always confirm your driver’s name and license plate number before entering the vehicle.
- No IOUs. Want to split the cost of your ride with the roadie you met this afternoon? It’s easy – just use the fare split option in the Uber app. We’ll even do the math for you!
- Request your pickup from an open, accessible road. Your driver will not be able to access roads closed to traffic, so please make sure you drop your pin in an area that is open to vehicles.
- Give yourself extra time. Heavy traffic and road closures will severely impact ETAs.
Know what to expect
Use the Fare Quote option in the Uber app to estimate your fare before you make your request. If dynamic pricing is in effect, your fare quote will always take the current rates into account.
So how does dynamic pricing work?
Dynamic (or surge) pricing helps Uber stay reliable. You’ll always be notified in BIG, BOLD print if dynamic pricing is in effect. The dynamic confirmation screen requires you to type in the multiplier to ensure you know what to expect.
Ride with your whole crew
Before you request, keep your party size in mind.
- Riding with a total of up to 4 passengers? Request uberX, uberSELECT, or UberBLACK.
- Riding with a crew of up to 6? Request uberXL.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.