Ride Like a Pro in Cincy
Music season has hit the Queen City! Whether you’re headed to a festival or to a summer concert, use these tips to make getting to and from your destination one of the day’s high notes.
Make it a platinum pickup
Whether you’re a basshead or a pop princess, use these tips to ride like a pro!
- Know your driver. Always confirm your driver’s name and license plate number before entering the vehicle.
- No IOUs. Want to split the cost of your ride with the roadie you met this afternoon? It’s easy – just use the fare split option in the Uber app. We’ll even do the math for you!
- Request your pickup from an open, accessible road. Your driver will not be able to access roads closed to traffic, so please make sure you drop your pin in an area that is open to vehicles.
- Give yourself extra time. Heavy traffic and road closures will severely impact ETAs.
Know what to expect
Use the Fare Quote option in the Uber app to estimate your fare before you make your request. If dynamic pricing is in effect, your fare quote will always take the current rates into account.
So how does dynamic pricing work?
Dynamic (or surge) pricing helps Uber stay reliable. You’ll always be notified in BIG, BOLD print if dynamic pricing is in effect. The dynamic confirmation screen requires you to type in the multiplier to ensure you know what to expect.
Ride with your whole crew
Before you request, keep your party size in mind.
- Riding with a total of up to 4 passengers? Request uberX, uberSELECT, or UberBLACK.
- Riding with a crew of up to 6? Request uberXL.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.