Beer, Pretzels, and Pro Tips, Oh My!
If you’re anything like us this time of year, weekends consist of nights in with bae, binge watching the hottest murder mysteries, and eating our body weight in pizza. It’s bulking season, right?
But this weekend, we have plans that just may lure you out of your streaming service paradise.
The annual Columbus Winter Beerfest descends upon the Arch City this Friday and Saturday, showcasing over 350 craft beers from our very own backyard and around the country. We partnered with our favorite gourmet pretzel company, Brezel, to bring you salty, chewy, and blissfully buttery pretzels at the Uber tent! In our opinion, we can’t think of a better winter weekend than sampling craft beers with our closest friends and washing them down with Bavarian-style bites. It’s a love story, baby, just say yes!
Follow these tips to navigate beerfest like a pro this weekend:
Pre-game is over, time for the bars: Your perfect pickup
Large crowds mean lots of Uber requests. Trust us, beerfest gets pretty hectic. Follow these tips to ensure an effortless pickup:
- Set your pickup location to an area away from crowds and in vehicle accessible areas around the convention center by moving your pin, or entering an address.
- Check the license plate and name of your driver before you hop in!
- Having a hard time connecting with your driver? Feel free to give them a call or send a text.
Saving up for SB2K16? We’ve got you covered: Fare splitting
Sharing the cost of your Uber is a win/win. Here’s how to do it:
- Simply tap the driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
- If your friend is new to Uber, it will ask him or her to download the app, sign up, and confirm the fare split.
And now, a lesson in economics: Dynamic pricing
Our goal is to be one of the most reliable rides on the road, and sometimes, we see such high demand that the number of cars become limited. When demand profoundly outweighs supply, dynamic pricing comes into effect. As demand decreases, rates will return to normal.
- Know when demand is highest. The highest point of demand will likely be immediately after last call at the beerfest. Try avoiding increased rates by waiting for the initial rush after last call.
- Be notified when rates return to normal. If the price isn’t right, use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping! Simply select “Notify Me If Surge Ends” on the surge pricing screen and a notification will be sent to you when rates begin to decrease.
Stop by, say hello to our team, and grab a Brezel pretzel on us!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.