Uber + Goodwill Bring You: #uberspringcleaning
Happy May Day! Now that we are deep into spring, it’s officially that time of year for cleaning out closets and switching out winter clothes for summer-wear. In the spirit of Spring Cleaning season, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Goodwill to help you get rid of your unwanted clothing and donate them to a local Goodwill center. Today and tomorrow, please take some time to clean out your closets of gently-used clothes you no longer need. And then…
On Saturday May 3 open your Uber app and request the ‘SPRING’ option. Within minutes an UberSUV will arrive to haul off your clothes and donate them to Goodwill on your behalf.
|SPREAD THE LOVE|
HOW IT WORKS:
- OPEN your Uber app between 10am-4pm on Saturday, May 3
- REQUEST the ‘SPRING’ option on the bottom of the screen
- An SUV will arrive to pick up your gently used clothing – and will drop off your donation to a local Goodwill
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
It’s totally FREE!
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Drivers will arrive at your requested pick-up location. You are responsible for bringing bags out to the car as drivers cannot leave their vehicles unattended
- #UberSpringCleaning pick-ups will only be available in Manhattan
#UberSpringCleaning will be in high demand so please be patient!
We are thrilled to be partnering with Goodwill NYNJ for #UberSpringCleaning and proud to help support their efforts to empower people with disabilities and other disadvantages through the power of work. Thank you to those who can donate!
Please note: Because Uber drivers will be driving between pickups and local Goodwill locations all day, they will not be able to provide a tax receipt for donations. Clothing transported to Goodwill by Uber will not become Uber’s own donation.
OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW
The Spring Cleaning mentality isn’t just about cleaning out closets- but also about starting fresh and preparing for the Summer season ahead! We’ve partnered with Blue Apron, MyClean, and Yoox.com to bring you the ultimate Spring Cleaning package with great deals that will jump-start your seasonal makeover.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]