Uber Announces Second Avenue Subway Expansion
WE COMPLETED THE SECOND AVENUE SUBWAY OVERNIGHT
Last night, we gave the subway line often referred to as The Line That Time Forgot an overnight overhaul. After decades of waiting, we decided to take 2nd Avenue into our own hands. The project, which many believed would take years to complete, was wrapped up early this morning, to the delight of New Yorkers young and old.
The U TRAIN line runs the length of 2nd Avenue in Manhattan for the normal fare of $2.50. No need to stand clear of the closing doors, our partner drivers will handle that.
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS
- Open the Uber app anywhere on 2nd Avenue
- Select U TRAIN and tap ‘Catch Subway Here’ to request pickup on 2nd Avenue
- Ride up or down the line — your trip must begin and end on 2nd Avenue for the $2.50 fare to apply
- Share your inaugural trip on the U TRAIN with #UberSubway
- U TRAIN will be available on April 1, 2014, from 12 AM EDT to 11:59 PM EDT
- Rides must begin and end on 2nd Avenue for the $2.50 flat rate to apply
We’re excited to launch Payment Rewards — a way to discover, track, and redeem rewards right in the Uber app. We’re kicking it off with Capital One®, where every 10th ride is free (up to $15) when you pay with a Quicksilver® or QuicksilverOne® card through March 2017.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]