Uber and Goodwill® Make Spring Cleaning Easy in NYC
It’s officially that time of year, NYC. In the spirit of the season, we’re once again teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® NYNJ to make your spring cleaning quick and convenient. This Saturday, tap a button to have a driver arrive, pick up your bags of clothing, and deliver them directly to a local donation center—at no cost to you.
This Saturday, May 2, clean out your closets and let Uber take care of the rest with #UberSpringCleaning
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS:
- Clean out your closet and bag up clothing you’re willing to donate
- Open your Uber app in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn between 10am – 6pm on Saturday, May 2
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items and bring them to Goodwill for free
- #UberSpringCleaning will be available in Manhattan and some areas of Brooklyn and Queens including Greenpoint, Williamsburg, DUMBO, Downtown Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Long Island City, and Astoria
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Please keep in mind that drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended—we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive
- Demand will be high, so please be patient
- Those who are able to donate on May 2 will receive a follow up email with tax receipt information (you should expect this email within 1 – 3 days)
If you are unable to donate on May 2, you can still help your local Goodwill by finding the nearest donation center here.
We are thrilled to be partnering with Goodwill NY-NJ for #UberSpringCleaning this Saturday. By donating, you’re not only checking a box on your to-do list, but also supporting Goodwill NY-NJ in its mission of job placement and training for people in your community.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.