Uber and Goodwill® Make Spring Cleaning Easy in NYC
It’s officially that time of year, NYC. In the spirit of the season, we’re once again teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® NYNJ to make your spring cleaning quick and convenient. This Saturday, tap a button to have a driver arrive, pick up your bags of clothing, and deliver them directly to a local donation center—at no cost to you.
This Saturday, May 2, clean out your closets and let Uber take care of the rest with #UberSpringCleaning
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS:
- Clean out your closet and bag up clothing you’re willing to donate
- Open your Uber app in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn between 10am – 6pm on Saturday, May 2
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items and bring them to Goodwill for free
- #UberSpringCleaning will be available in Manhattan and some areas of Brooklyn and Queens including Greenpoint, Williamsburg, DUMBO, Downtown Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Long Island City, and Astoria
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Please keep in mind that drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended—we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive
- Demand will be high, so please be patient
- Those who are able to donate on May 2 will receive a follow up email with tax receipt information (you should expect this email within 1 – 3 days)
If you are unable to donate on May 2, you can still help your local Goodwill by finding the nearest donation center here.
We are thrilled to be partnering with Goodwill NY-NJ for #UberSpringCleaning this Saturday. By donating, you’re not only checking a box on your to-do list, but also supporting Goodwill NY-NJ in its mission of job placement and training for people in your community.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.