The Weekender:Park Slope Edition
Photo via Flickr / rutlo
Now that uberFAMILY has arrived, offering parents a more convenient and safer way to travel with their kids, we thought it would be a good time to celebrate one of our favorite stroller-friendly neighborhoods – Park Slope. This weekend, grab the fam or a crew of friends, hop in an Uber, and get 25% off your trip when you head to Park Slope.
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
And in case you aren’t too familiar with the area, we’ve put together a go-to list of things to do once you arrive.
- Take the kids to Kidville Park Slope: Whether your child is going to the Hippity Hoppity Tappin’ dance class (with a name like that, how could this class not be awesome?), enrolling in summer camp, or attending a birthday party, Kidville is your one-stop-shop for all-things KID. To help us celebrate Park Slope for this special Weekender edition, Kidville is offering parents an exclusive discount upon showing their Uber receipt this weekend!
- Put on your superhero cape: Visit the the curious Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. and get that Evil Blob Containment Unit your kid has been begging for. The eclectic shop, run solely by volunteers, has become a Park Slope staple and should not be missed. Wander around and try on a variety of capes, or browse through an assortment of time portals and vapor blasters. Parents – if you are interested, you can also ask about the shop’s after-school tutoring program.
- Cool down with a pop: Head over to the Park Slope outpost of People’s Pops, where you can enjoy a delicious popsicle made of locally-grown fruit and fresh herbs. With unique flavors like peach-habanero and watermelon-ginger, People’s Pops are satisfying for both adults and children.
- Hang with the bookworms: Stop by The Community Bookstore, one of Brooklyn’s oldest independent bookstores. This Saturday at 11am, author of Ike’s Incredible Ink, Brianne Farley, will be reading her children’s book during a special story-time for kids.
- Go to “that weird bar at 4th and Carroll:” For those who are kid-less (or for parents who just need a break), head to Mission Delores and choose from the local bar’s extensive beer selection. Known as “that weird bar,” Mission Delores has some of the best beers you can find in the city. While they mostly serve drafts, they do also have a featured “Bottle of the Month.” This month it’s Brouwerij West Dog Ate My Homework.
- Try everything on the menu at Talde: For those who don’t live near Park Slope, you probably haven’t yet been to the restaurant Talde. It is time to fix that. With discounted trips to Park Slope this weekend, it’s the perfect time to make a reservation at the hotspot restaurant and dig into some Pretzel Pork & Chive Dumplings or Crispy Oyster & Bacon Pad Thai.
For parents who are looking for more details about how to use uberFAMILY, our new car seat option, you can find info here.
See you all in Park Slope!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.