Hey New Yorkers, got cabin fever yet? So do we. Spring has never felt so close, and yet so far away. As we wait patiently for those sunny days of bike riding along the West Side Highway, picnicking in parks, and sipping rosé on rooftops, we must continue to get creative with our weekend activities.
The good news is that there is always plenty to do and see in this big city of ours. So wake up from your winter hibernation, request an Uber, get out, and DO something.
Here are some Uber-approved activities for the weekend ahead:
- Go see some great music: New Orleans music legend Allen Toussaint is performing this weekend at City Winery in SoHo and shockingly, there are still tickets available.
- Get funky at Brooklyn’s The Rub: Head to the The Bell House Saturday night for The Rub, Brooklyn’s legendary monthly dance party. Don’t let the fact that it’s way out in Gowanus scare you off – Fare Split an Uber with friends and you’ll arrive in style AND without the hassle of taking the lovely G train.
- Spice things up at the Hot Sauce Expo: This weekend is the second annual Hot Sauce Expo and if you can truly handle the heat- you should definitely check it out. The weekend-long event showcases the spiciest hot sauces from around the country and will include events like “The Bloody Mary Mix Down” and “The Spicy Knish Eating Contest.” Sign up for Uber using promo code HotSauce and you can get a free ride to the expo. VIP and General Admission tickets are still available here.
- Explore the Brooklyn BBQ Scene: Make it to Red Hook often? Unless you live or work there, probably not. But that means you are missing out on one of the best BBQ spots the city has to offer. This weekend make it your mission to get to Hometown BBQ, the latest addition to the growing Brooklyn BBQ community, for some mouthwatering brisket, ribs, and homemade potato salad. Red Hook may not be the most convenient destination, but that’s what Uber is here for!
- Take in some art: Take a trip uptown and go visit the Bill Cunningham: Facades exhibit at The New York Historical Society. There you can view his photography of stunning New York architecture paired with historical costume. His work is being shown through June, but we like to get our museum trips out of the way before the nice weather really kicks in.
Whether you make it to the Hot Sauce Expo or get down at The Rub, we hope enjoy your weekend while taking advantage of all the adventures this city has to offer. The world is your oyster. Uber on!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.