Photo courtesy of TheBoken.com
Light up the grill, throw on the dogs, and chill the beers. It’s Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer! Whether you’re skipping town and heading to the beach or hanging around this beautiful city of ours, we hope you enjoy the long weekend to its fullest.
In case you’re looking for things to do and see over the holiday weekend, we’ve put together some of our top picks:
Have a drink by the water: If you can’t make it to the beach, you might as well pretend. Head to one of these waterfront spots for a cold beverage and you’ll (almost) feel like you’ve escaped the city.
- The Crow’s Nest: Don’t have a BBQ to go to? Grab some friends on Monday and head to The Water Club’s rooftop for a cocktail overlooking the river.
- PJ Clarke’s: Visit the marina outpost of one of NYC’s favorite watering holes. With sunset views by the Hudson River, PJ Clarke’s is one of the best places to relax on a summer Saturday or Sunday.
- Frying Pan: Jump aboard the Frying Pan, a historic lighthouse-turned-waterfront-bar. Unless you’re an early bird, be prepared to stand in line in order to get in. The good news is, once you’re in, chances are you won’t want to go anywhere else that day.
- Honorable William Wall: If you haven’t already heard about this floating clubhouse, which is fully equipped with a bar and deck for your summertime pleasure, it’s about time that you do. Reserve a boat to take you from the Manhattan Yacht Club out to this bobbing bar at sea, and spend Saturday afternoon sipping drinks with the cityscape and Ellis Island as backdrops.
- Battery Gardens: Have a bite and a beverage downtown, all the way downtown, at Battery Park’s Battery Gardens restaurant. With views of the Statue of Liberty and a pleasant sea breeze, the eatery’s outdoor patio is the perfect spot to let yourself sink into a summer bliss.
Uber DTS or to the Hamptons: If you’re heading down the shore or eastward to the Hamptons, then know this: Uber will be there waiting for you. Watch out for secret Ubers cruising the streets in both areas, providing safe and convenient rides to those celebrating the long weekend. Need a lift out east? You and your friends can fare split an Uber and share the cost of our flat rates to the Hamptons. Get info about Uber in the Hamptons here, and learn more about Uber on the shore here.
Dance, dance, dance: This weekend is the Electric Daisy Carnival at MetLife stadium, which attracts some of the best DJ talent from all around the world. Tickets are currently still available, so if you are looking for a solid dance party this weekend, you may as well grab a ticket and head to New Jersey. Fare split with friends and take an Uber to and from the stadium. Learn more about Uber’s availability at EDC here.
Wander through the Whitney: The 2014 Whitney Biennial ends on May 26, so this weekend is your last chance to check out the exhibit that celebrates up-and-coming contemporary artists. Looking at the forecast, Saturday has a higher chance of rain, which means it is totally acceptable to skip the beach or the park and head to the museum instead. Find more info about the Whitney Biennial here.
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.