Photo Courtsey of Maison Premiere
In case you missed it, Uber teamed up with Goodwill to bring you Uber Spring Cleaning — an on-demand promotion happening Saturday May 3 in Manhattan that will help New Yorkers get rid of unwanted clothes and donate them to a local Goodwill location. But in addition to bagging up old clothes this weekend, you should probably take note of all the other exciting things happening in this great city of ours.
Here is your Uber-approved weekend guide:
- Go to a block party: Kickstarter is throwing it down this Saturday and you’re invited. The crowdsourcing site is hosting a huge block party on Kent Avenue in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Expect to see some of Kickstarters’ featured artists and creators there to display and talk about their projects. In addition there will be games, live music, art, demos, and food. Find more info here.
- Eat a lot of burgers: Also on Saturday is the NY Burger Crawl, which is part of this year’s NY Burger Week. While we will may never settle the great debate over NYC’s “best burger,” you can at least sample some contenders during a gluttonous day of burgers and beers. And for our burger-loving Uber users, you can receive 65% off the ticket price when checking out with promo code: UBER. See the full list of participating restaurants and get tickets here.
- Enjoy a mint julep: Drink up your mint juleps this weekend! Saturday is the Kentucky Derby, and all of NYC will be using the big race as an opportunity to do some classy day drinking. A number of bars are hosting Derby viewing parties, most of which are already sold out. But if you are still looking for somewhere to sip a julep and wear a big sun hat, we suggest trying Maison Premiere, Sweetwater Social, Red Rooster or Warren 77.
- Start drinking tequila: If you prefer tequila over bourbon, then perhaps you want to start your Cinco de Mayo festivities early. Since the 5th falls on a Monday this year, it may be wise to celebrate with tequila-induced debauchery over the weekend, rather than suffer at work on Tuesday with a hangover. Whichever day you choose to observe the holiday, we suggest hitting up one (or two, or three) of our favorite margarita spots. Cafe La Esquina, Hell’s Kitchen, El Centro, Barrio Chino, and La Superior all make it on the ‘official’ Uber Employees’ Margarita Top Picks List.
- Head to Madison Square: Saturday is the opening day of Mad. Sq. Eats, the semi-annual pop-up food market. Mad. Sq. Eats is your one-stop-shop for all of your foodie favorites including Roberta’s, Red Hook Lobster Pound, Doughnuttery, Calexico, and Momofuku Milk Bar. Perusing through the market’s delicious options isn’t a bad way to spend a sunny Saturday.
Happy Derby de Mayo!
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.