Photo Courtesy of Manhattan by Sail
It’s the last weekend in April, which means May (and all its glory) is just around the corner. It also means it’s time for boats, fairs, parks, and general merriment. This weekend there is a lot going on in NYC, so be sure to manage your time and choose wisely.
Here is your Uber-approved weekend guide for the last weekend in April:
- It’s time to get on a boat: Manhattan by Sail is launching its 2014 sailing season this Saturday, which means it’s time to set sail and enjoy a harbor cruise. Choose from a variety of different sails that leave right out of the Seaport area. No matter what sail you choose — whether it’s the Champagne Brunch Sail, the Sunset Sail or the Craft Beer Tasting Sail — your life will instantly improve upon hopping aboard. Why? Because you’re on a boat.
- Do Tribeca Film Festival things: It’s the last weekend of the Tribeca Film Festival, and if you haven’t attended any of the events or screenings, now is the time to do it. On Saturday you can hop in an Uber and take the whole fam dam (or just yourself) to the Tribeca Family Festival Street Fair, where there will be music, activities, free movie showings, and a Bubble Garden (you should probably go just to see what a “Bubble Garden” is). For a complete list of events, click here.
- Go eat delicious food in Prospect Park: If you can’t handle the crowds at Williamsburg’s Smorgasburg, we suggest fare-splitting with friends to Prospect Park this weekend to indulge in some food truck munching. Every first and third Sunday of the month (with the exception of this weekend), NYC’s favorite food trucks gather at Grand Army Plaza. The Food Truck Rally is the perfect alternative to packing a picnic; just order your favorite dishes and walk over to a sunny spot on the grass in Long Meadow.
- Drink some beer: The Five Boro Craft Beer Fest is happening this Saturday in Long Island City, so just in case you needed a reason to drink copious amounts of beer, here it is. Over 100 craft beers will be served by 33 different breweries, including Rockaway Brewing Company, Captain Lawrence Brewing Company, Finback Brewery and others. The evening event will include live music and food catered by local restaurants. Tickets are still available and can be found here.
- Experience The Heath at The McKittrick Hotel: Looking for dinner reservations? Try something different. Dining at the The Heath is unlike any other dining experience in the city. Located in the same McKittrick Hotel where the performance Sleep No More takes residency, the restaurant embodies the same mystery, elegance, timelessness that you find on set during the show. If you have not been there yet, we highly recommend making a reservation for tonight (if you can) or Saturday. If you get in, stay late for The Heathens, the fun and funky live band who gets the party started around 11pm.
- And in case you find yourself in Connecticut: If you haven’t already heard, Uber has officially launched in Fairfield and New Haven counties. So if you are visiting friends or family in the great Constitution State this weekend, you can now rely on Uber to get you where you need to go. And for the next two weeks you get to ride for free! Learn more here.
|SHARE WITH FRIENDS|
No matter what you end up doing, we hope you have a lovely weekend. Uber on!
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.