Summer is officially here…what are your plans?
The summer solstice is finally upon us, marking the OFFICIAL start of summer with the longest day of the year on Saturday.
There’s something so magical about stepping outside at 9pm to find light still lingering in the sky. But even with longer days, somehow summer can still pass us by all too quickly. It’s easy to lose track of the days; so much to do, so little time.
We all have our own summer agendas, and as we gear up for the season’s official kick-off weekend we thought we’d check in with members of our Uber NYC team to ask what they look forward to most about summer and find out what’s on the top of their to-do lists.
The Uber NYC Summer Guide:
- Make my own fruit popsicles
- Go to Sullivan Country for a weekend of canoeing, hiking, and antique hunting. Staying in a refurbished old schoolhouse
- I solemnly swear I will finally brave the line at Rockaway Taco and eat one of those bad boys
- Go see a rooftop film
- Central Park picnics and softball games (beverages included)
- Trips to the Hamptons
- Trips to Jersey Shore
- Hanging out in the city, eating/drinking anywhere outside and exercising on the West Side Highway
- Trip to Colorado to visit family, see a show at Red Rocks, and enjoy the great outdoors
- Spending a weekend exploring Newport, RI, and learning how to sail
- Training for an Ironman (biking around the city, running along the East River and maybe some swims in the Long Island Sound)
- The 4th of July fireworks being restored to their rightful home on the East River
- Outdoor movies (Brooklyn Bridge Park and McCarren Park)
- Heading upstate to towns like New Paltz and Hudson, for camping and hiking
- Seeing Dave Chappelle and Erykah Badu at Radio City with my husband, Aaron, and seeing all the live music we possibly can since this is our first summer in NYC!
- Walking in the NYC Gay Pride Parade with Mercy for Animals
- Going to Fire Island for the first time with a group of Uber friends!
- Ocean kayaking down the shore in Belmar, NJ (and getting Surf Taco afterwards!)
- Vacationing in Wesport, Maine with my boyfriend. It will be my first time there!
- Picnicking and watching Movies with a View screenings in Brooklyn Bridge Park when my niece, Molly, comes to visit
- Watching World Cup games (GO KOREA!)
- July 4th pool parties in Vegas and playing in some WSOP events (I’M ALL IN!)
- UberSUV’ing with friends to our Montauk summer house
- The free Warpaint concert later this month in Prospect Park
- Switching to iced coffee instead of hot – there’s a place in my neighborhood called WTF Coffee Lab that makes an extremely powerful cold brew
- Drinking outdoors, especially at Lavender Lake in Gowanus
- New Orleans in June – FOOD and MUSIC a la Creole. YES!
- Jersey Shore in July – I’m an NYC noob and have never made it out to the shore. Going to check out MTV’s sociological accuracy
- Then She Fell in BK in August – LOVED Sleep No More and so excited NYC has multiple interactive theater options
- A long awaited trip to Israel and Spain
- Rooftops in Brooklyn
- World Cup!
Happy first day of summer!
– Team Uber NYC
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.