Stay #UberCOOL this Summer with Uber + Quirky
New York City, we love you. But we’ll admit that we love you a little less when it’s 90 degrees outside with 100% humidity. It’s bad enough that we need to change our clothes three times a day due to sheer perspiration, but worse, we have the added burden of worrying about how to keep our abodes cool. Lugging an air conditioner up six flights of stairs is no easy feat! That’s why we’re teaming up with Quirky and GE to bring you UberCOOL, on-demand delivery of Aros, the world’s smartest air conditioner. Now you definitely don’t have to worry about breaking a sweat!
Developed by Quirky and GE, Aros is a smart window air conditioner that lets you control the temperature in your apartment from anywhere using the Wink mobile app. Aros also learns from your budget, location, schedule, and usage to automatically maintain the perfect temperature while maximizing savings for your home.
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- ENTER promotion code UBERCOOL in your app to unlock the UberCOOL option
- REQUEST the ‘COOL’ option on the bottom of the screen between 9am and 9pm during the weekends of May 31, June 7, and June 14
- A Quirky truck will arrive at your home to deliver your new Aros smart window A/C
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Aros, the world’s smartest A/C, costs $300. This price includes delivery. The charge will be billed to the credit card associated with your Uber account.
If you have more than one card on file, you can always choose which one to use by following these instructions:
In your app, once you select COOL and tap the black ‘Set Pickup Location’ bar, you will be presented with another screen that looks like the image below. From there, just tap the field that has your credit card info and you’ll be able to switch it.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT AROS:
Like all Quirky products, Aros was invented by a real person like you. Garthen Leslie, an IT consultant from Columbia, Maryland, was fed up with his own dysfunctional air conditioner, so he dreamt up a smarter solution. With the help of 2,993 Quirky community members, Aros became a reality a mere seven months later.
Aros can be controlled for anywhere using the Wink mobile app. It knows how much you’re spending on energy and suggests cost-saving solutions based on your habits and the weather forecast. It also operates 100% based on you; Aros learns from your usage patterns and predicts your cooling preferences based on time of day. Aros also uses your smartphone’s GPS settings to turn off when you leave the house and kick back into action when you’re heading home. All of this from its sleek, beautifully designed unit that puts other A/Cs to shame.
- Cools 350 sq. ft. (~17’x20′)
- Fits double-hung windows 24.5″ to 40.5″ W x 13.5″ H
- Three cooling modes + three fan speeds
- 8000 BTU, 115 volt, 6.3 amps
- Aros smart window A/C will be delivered directly to your home. Even if you live in a six-floor walk-up, we’ll be there for you.
- You will be responsible for installing Aros in your own window.
- Demand will be highest around 9am, so be patient when requesting. You’ll have six days total to request UberCOOL.
- UberCOOL deliveries will only be available in Manhattan and inner Brooklyn and Queens.
Team Uber NYC