Recycle Your E-Waste Responsibly with #TechTakeback
In today’s world, technology changes in the blink of an eye. With rapid and constant innovation, it’s no wonder that many of us end up with obsolete devices and gadgets, left to collect dust in the corners of our homes.
On Saturday, November 14, in honor of America Recycles Day (November 15) we’re teaming up with Dell Reconnect, a partnership between Dell and Goodwill®, to help you get rid of and recycle those CD players, cell phones, and computers you no longer use—and keep them out of landfills.
By simply tapping the RECONNECT option in your Uber app, you’ll be able to recycle your technology responsibly and donate to Goodwill NYNJ via the Dell Reconnect program.
Enter the code TECHTAKEBACK and request RECONNECT on November 14 to donate your used technology to Goodwill NYNJ
Anyone who recycles with us on November 14 will also have the chance to meet Dell’s Social Good Advocate, Adrian Grenier, who will be riding with Uber making pickups, and thanking New Yorkers for recycling.
HOW IT WORKS:
- OPEN your Uber app
- TAP the profile icon and select ‘Promotions’
- ENTER code TECHTAKEBACK to unlock the ‘RECONNECT’ view
- REQUEST ‘RECONNECT’ between 10am – 4pm on Saturday, November 14, for an Uber driver-partner (or Adrian Grenier!) to arrive, pick up your donations, and bring them to a local Goodwill NYNJ location for FREE
- Find Goodwill NYNJ’s list of approved items here
- NYC Tech Takeback Day is on Saturday, November 14. Donating will be available via the Uber app between 10am – 4pm in Manhattan and areas of Brooklyn and Queens.
- Donating your technology is totally FREE
- All vehicles on the road making pickups for #TechTakeback will be energy efficient hybrids
- Donations made as part of #TechTakeback are tax deductible. Those who donate will receive a receipt via email. All proceeds go directly to Goodwill, so your donations will not only keep used electronics out of landfills, but every donation helps someone in your community with disabilities or disadvantages receive work and life skills.
- Some items may require extra preparation before customers donate, as Dell and Goodwill are not responsible for data left on any donated equipment. Please remember to remove personal data from hard drives or other storage media before having them picked up by Uber.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.