POOL for a subway fare
Over the past 3 weekends, thousands of people have taken advantage of $5 uberPOOL flat rates between Williamsburg and Manhattan. As the final 2 weeks of the L train shutdown approach, we’re lowering flat rates to ensure you can get where you need, when you need.
uberPOOL rides are $2.75 for 2 weekends between Brooklyn and Manhattan along the L Line
|SPREAD THE WORD|
With $2.75 uberPOOL rides, there’s no reason to feel confined to your borough. Spring is a peak season for local restaurants, retailers, and galleries alike. We encourage you to ride to your favorite businesses all along the L Line and support the local economy.
“I’ve heard many concerns from my constituents, especially people who work on the weekends and small business owners, about the economic impact of the weekend L shutdowns. I want to thank Uber for providing an affordable alternative for those who depend on the train.”
– Councilman Antonio Reynoso, District 34
Remember, you can take an uberPOOL to the Williamsburg outpost of The Meatball Shop for a free ice cream sandwich with purchase.
“It’s amazing and incredibly generous that uberPOOL is offering rides at the same cost as the subway to New Yorkers. The L train being shut down has potential serious impact on local businesses, residents, and employees commuting back and forth to the area. The Meatball Shop is thrilled to partner with Uber because we believe that any New Yorker dealing with this transportation issue deserve a free Ice Cream Sandwich!”
– Daniel Holzman, Executive Chef / Co-Owner of The Meatball Shop
HOW IT WORKS
- Open your app
- Select the uberPOOL option at the bottom of your screen
- You may be matched with another rider going the same way
- Whether or not you’re matched, your fare to or from Brooklyn along the L Line will cost no more than $2.75
- $2.75 flat rates apply automatically for trips starting and ending along the L Line in the areas highlighted in blue:
- Flat rates will run between 11:30pm on Fridays until 5am on Mondays, from May 8 – May 18
- Surge does not apply to these $2.75 flat rates
- Ride uberPOOL to Williamsburg and show your trip receipt to your server at The Meatball Shop for a free ice cream sandwich with purchase
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.