Introducing Uber Taxi NYC + One Free Ride for Every New Yorker
Watch this video. Laugh because it has happened to you. Then read on to learn about getting a FREE NYC taxi ride, our most recent offering from the Uber Garage.
Make “Upstreaming” a thing of the past with Uber NYC. This week we’re launching FREE NYC Taxi rides for every New Yorker. Now you can request a yellow cab with the tap of an app.
Here’s how it works:
– Free TAXI week will be available in NYC starting today, Wednesday (until Wednesday September 12th).
– At the end of your ride, the driver will input the meter fare into the driver application. 20% gratuity will be automatically added to the fare.
– The free ride is up to $25. The remainder will be charged to your credit card on file.
During Free TAXI Week, the TAXI option will only be available for one trip.
– TAXI is an experiment for Uber NYC riders and Uber’s high quality Black car service option will remain the default in the Uber application.
– You must select the TAXI icon in the app to get your free ride. Otherwise you could be requesting a luxury Uber black car – not too shabby, but not free either so be careful when requesting!
This is a really BIG deal for NYC transportation. We’re excited to offer New Yorkers a step towards more reliable, more convenient, and more accessible NYC taxi service. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, let us know on twitter – @Uber_NYC #UberYellow, or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Uber NYC Team
We’re excited to launch Payment Rewards — a way to discover, track, and redeem rewards right in the Uber app. We’re kicking it off with Capital One®, where every 10th ride is free (up to $15) when you pay with a Quicksilver® or QuicksilverOne® card through March 2017.
Today, I’m excited to announce that Arianna Huffington will join Uber’s board. For those of us who know Arianna, it’s clear she knows a thing or two about being an entrepreneur. As the founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post, she’s built one of the most successful, innovative media companies in the world… from scratch. […]