Introducing Uber Taxi NYC + One Free Ride for Every New Yorker
Watch this video. Laugh because it has happened to you. Then read on to learn about getting a FREE NYC taxi ride, our most recent offering from the Uber Garage.
Make “Upstreaming” a thing of the past with Uber NYC. This week we’re launching FREE NYC Taxi rides for every New Yorker. Now you can request a yellow cab with the tap of an app.
Here’s how it works:
– Free TAXI week will be available in NYC starting today, Wednesday (until Wednesday September 12th).
– At the end of your ride, the driver will input the meter fare into the driver application. 20% gratuity will be automatically added to the fare.
– The free ride is up to $25. The remainder will be charged to your credit card on file.
During Free TAXI Week, the TAXI option will only be available for one trip.
– TAXI is an experiment for Uber NYC riders and Uber’s high quality Black car service option will remain the default in the Uber application.
– You must select the TAXI icon in the app to get your free ride. Otherwise you could be requesting a luxury Uber black car – not too shabby, but not free either so be careful when requesting!
This is a really BIG deal for NYC transportation. We’re excited to offer New Yorkers a step towards more reliable, more convenient, and more accessible NYC taxi service. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, let us know on twitter – @Uber_NYC #UberYellow, or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Uber NYC Team
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.