Here’s the Scoop: #UberIceCream is Back!
Consider this an invitation to chill out. Your office probably doesn’t have a slip ‘n slide, and running through the sprinklers likely won’t go over well with your boss. Don’t sweat it—you can still feel like a kid again by ordering ice cream on demand with #UberIceCream.
This Friday, July 24, we’re bringing a frozen favorite back for the fourth year in a row. Only this time around, the Uber Ice Cream experience is available through UberEATS.
This is a global promotion with local flavor, and it’s as simple as ever: Tap a button, and get a brain freeze in hundreds of cities around the world.
HOW IT WORKS
- Open the Uber app on Friday, July 24, between 11am – 3pm
- Select the EATS option at the bottom of your app
- Enter your location and tap the VIEW MENU
- Place your order, and if connected, your ice cream will be delivered curbside in minutes
- Each order will cost between $10 – $13. Delivery will be FREE on all orders.
- #UberIceCream is available only through the EATS option in the Uber app, in Manhattan (below 59th Street) and Brooklyn (Williamsburg, Greenpoint, and Dumbo)
- There is no limit to how many you can order. Just tap the “+” button to add more ice cream sandwiches to your order. And if you’re ordering with other people, you can easily share the cost using the Fare Split feature.
THE ICE CREAM
Here in NYC, we’re teaming up with local favorites Ample Hills, Melt Bakery, and Sprinkles to deliver ice cream sandwiches on demand with UberEATS. For every #UberIceCream item purchased through EATS on July, 24, $1 will be donated to the Food Bank NYC.
Learn more about UberEATS in NYC here.
Sweetened by Capital One®
Our friends at Capital One® are offering a FREE order of ice cream (up to $25) to eligible Capital One cardholders in the United States on Friday, July 24, 2015. Add your Capital One card as a payment method and enter promo code SWEETDEAL in the Uber app before requesting.
Don’t have a Capital One card? Apply now for Quicksilver and get 20% back on every Uber ride through April 2016.
Demand will be high and availability will be limited. We all scream for ice cream, after all.
- Capital One customers with US-issued credit cards open and in good standing are eligible to participate.
- Banking customers with debit cards, including Capital One 360® customers, are also eligible.
- Only applicable to Ice Cream Trucks paid for with US-issued Capital One credit or debit card in USD currency.
- Corporate and private label cards are not eligible for this offer.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.