Experience the Future … Now
To celebrate the groundbreaking new series Breakthrough, we’ve teamed up with National Geographic Channel to bring you FREE rides in the world’s most cutting-edge alternative energy vehicles.
Between Tuesday, October 27, and Friday, October 30, lucky riders can tap the app to request a ride in the most advanced vehicles, which include a McLarenP1 Hybrid Supercar, Lexus CTh, Porsche Cayenne Biodiesel, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tucson Hydrogen Fuel Cell, and many more.
Enter code BREAKTHROUGH in your app for the chance to ride FREE in an alternative energy vehicle
Breakthrough is the latest series by Executive Producers Brian Grazer and Ron Howard. Through the lens of 6 visionaries—Angela Bassett, Peter Berg, Paul Giamatti, Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard and Brett Ratner—the show uncovers scientific innovations in water, pandemics, cyborg technology, energy, longevity, and brain science.
You can catch the exclusive fleet of cutting-edge vehicles, some of which are still in the prototype stage, by following #BreakthroughRides on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
HOW IT WORKS
- OPEN the app between 12pm – 7pm in Manhattan (59th Street and below) on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30
- TAP the Profile Icon on the left and select the PROMOTIONS menu option
- ENTER promo code BREAKTHROUGH to unlock the special ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option
- REQUEST the ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option on the bottom slider in your app starting at 12pm
- If a car is available, you’ll get to ride in a luxury alternative energy vehicle, including a Lexus RX Hybrid Electric Crossover, BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tuscon Hydrogen Fuel Cell, a Solar Prototype, and more
- This promotion is only valid on trips requested through the BREAKTHROUGH option on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30, between 12pm – 7pm within Manhattan (59th Street and below)
- Your trip fare will be absolutely free! (up to 30 minutes)
- Certain vehicles, such as the McLaren P1, may only provide seating for 1 passenger
- Please note that demand will be high and supply will be limited*
Breakthrough premieres Sunday, November 1, at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on National Geographic Channel, with new episodes Sundays 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT.
*This offer is provided for a limited time on a first-come, first serve basis. Demand will be high and not all requests may be fulfilled.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.