Experience the Future … Now
To celebrate the groundbreaking new series Breakthrough, we’ve teamed up with National Geographic Channel to bring you FREE rides in the world’s most cutting-edge alternative energy vehicles.
Between Tuesday, October 27, and Friday, October 30, lucky riders can tap the app to request a ride in the most advanced vehicles, which include a McLarenP1 Hybrid Supercar, Lexus CTh, Porsche Cayenne Biodiesel, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tucson Hydrogen Fuel Cell, and many more.
Enter code BREAKTHROUGH in your app for the chance to ride FREE in an alternative energy vehicle
Breakthrough is the latest series by Executive Producers Brian Grazer and Ron Howard. Through the lens of 6 visionaries—Angela Bassett, Peter Berg, Paul Giamatti, Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard and Brett Ratner—the show uncovers scientific innovations in water, pandemics, cyborg technology, energy, longevity, and brain science.
You can catch the exclusive fleet of cutting-edge vehicles, some of which are still in the prototype stage, by following #BreakthroughRides on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
HOW IT WORKS
- OPEN the app between 12pm – 7pm in Manhattan (59th Street and below) on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30
- TAP the Profile Icon on the left and select the PROMOTIONS menu option
- ENTER promo code BREAKTHROUGH to unlock the special ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option
- REQUEST the ‘BREAKTHROUGH’ option on the bottom slider in your app starting at 12pm
- If a car is available, you’ll get to ride in a luxury alternative energy vehicle, including a Lexus RX Hybrid Electric Crossover, BMW i3, Tesla Model S, Hyundai Tuscon Hydrogen Fuel Cell, a Solar Prototype, and more
- This promotion is only valid on trips requested through the BREAKTHROUGH option on Tuesday, October 27 through Friday, October 30, between 12pm – 7pm within Manhattan (59th Street and below)
- Your trip fare will be absolutely free! (up to 30 minutes)
- Certain vehicles, such as the McLaren P1, may only provide seating for 1 passenger
- Please note that demand will be high and supply will be limited*
Breakthrough premieres Sunday, November 1, at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on National Geographic Channel, with new episodes Sundays 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT.
*This offer is provided for a limited time on a first-come, first serve basis. Demand will be high and not all requests may be fulfilled.
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.