5 Days of Giving
This week, as we roll into the holiday season, we’re kicking off 5 Days of Giving. Starting tomorrow, Monday, November 30, through Friday, December 4, we’ll be delivering FREE surprise gifts to lucky New Yorkers from our favorite brands, including VINCE., L’Occitane, One Kings Lane, and Diane von Furstenberg. On Tuesday, World AIDS Day, riders will have the opportunity to do their own giving by riding (RED) to donate to the fight against AIDS.
Keep your eyes peeled on your delivery: There will be one special grand prize each day randomly hidden in the regular gift packaging.
Tap your app, get a great gift, and give it to someone you love (or yourself!).
Enter code TAPGETGIVE now to unlock this special promotion for the week
DIANE VON FURSTENBERG
Today’s gift is an assortment of luxe accessories from Diane von Furstenberg. One lucky showstopper will also have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create the perfect holiday ensemble with Diane herself, and select gifts will contain a gift certificate for an iconic wrap dress.
ONE KINGS LANE
Today’s gift is a $125 gift card and decorative wreath from One Kings Lane. One lucky delivery will also arrive with a $1,000 One Kings Lane gift card.
Today’s gift is a shea or almond butter gift set from L’Occitane. One lucky requestor will also win a 4-day trip for 2 to Provence.
This World AIDS Day, we’re partnering with (RED) and enabling riders to help drive towards an AIDS Free Generation.
Today, Uber riders in more than 150 cities nationwide can join the fight by choosing to ride (RED) and donate $5 on top of their normal fare.* Around the world, cars in the app will turn red to drive awareness around the cause.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has generously pledged to match all donations made to (RED) in-app on December 1. With this match, every $5 donation helps provide a month’s worth of lifesaving medicine, which costs as little as 30 cents a day, to a mother living with HIV/AIDS.
Want to donate? It’s easy.
Today, choose the (RED) option in the app. Your uberX ride will be the same as usual. At the end of your ride, Uber will contact you by SMS— reply YES to donate $5 to the Global Fund*
Today’s gift is a cashmere or wool sweater from VINCE. Men’s and women’s sizes available*. One lucky delivery will contain a gift card for a $5,000 VINCE. shopping spree.
*Items can be exchanged for equal or lesser value through 12/31/15
Cannot be exchanged for gift card or future store or e-commerce credit
Cannot be exchanged for items of greater value
Product must be exchanged in wearable, sellable condition, with tags, unworn
HOW IT WORKS
- Open the Uber app, tap the Profile icon in the top left corner, then tap Promotions
- Enter promo code TAPGETGIVE to unlock the special HOLIDAY option
- Request HOLIDAY between 11am and 3pm on Monday, November 30, through Friday, December 4, in Manhattan (59th Street and below), Williamsburg, and Greenpoint
- If connected, an Uber driver-partner will arrive curbside at your location to hand off your gift
GET THE DETAILS
- Check back daily starting on Monday, November 30, to see which brand’s gifts will be available that day.
- On Tuesday, December 1, the HOLIDAY option will be replaced by the (RED) option in-app
- Deliveries will be available on Monday, 11/30, Wednesday, 12/2, Thursday, 12/3, and Friday, 12/4 in Manhattan (below 59th Street), Williamsburg, and Greenpoint.
- If connected, you must meet your driver-partner curbside to collect your gifts. Drivers will not be able to leave their vehicles.
- No rides required. HOLIDAY vehicles will only be delivering gifts; driver-partners will not be able to provide rides.
- Gifts available while supplies last.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.