10 Facts About uberPOOL in NYC
uberPOOL first arrived in New York in December of 2014. Ever since, the innovative carpool feature has continued to grow and evolve as more and more New Yorkers choose to share their rides.
Here’s a snapshot of where we are today:
- Since uberPOOL’s launch, New Yorkers have taken 1.5 million trips using the carpool feature.
- Every month since launch, the number of uberPOOL trips has increased by an average of 28%.
- In the month of August, when $10 flat rates were available in Manhattan, uberPOOL riders in NYC saved over $1,000,000.
- Last week, after flat rates ended, uberPOOL riders saved over $250,000—staying on track to save another $1,000,000 in the month of September.
- uberPOOL is the fastest growing Uber product in NYC history—surpassing UberBLACK and uberX.
- uberPOOL is always 25% cheaper than uberX.
- Unlike UberBLACK and uberX, uberPOOL fares are guaranteed. Fares are quoted in the app before you request, so you always know exactly what you’ll pay.
- 75% of all New York uberPOOL trips happen during nights and weekends.
- 55% of all New York uberPOOL trips begin or end in the outer boroughs.
- uberPOOL is currently available in San Francisco, New York, Paris, Boston, Los Angeles, and Austin—and that list will only continue to grow.
Whether you’re a freshman or a senior headed back to campus this fall, one thing is certain—you’ll need to eat. And there is nothing worse than being limited to questionable cafeteria food or taking a chance on expired leftovers in the back of the fridge. The best news? UberEATS is expanding to 30+ major college campuses by the end of the year, from Penn State to LSU to Boise State. Since we want you to focus on what you love about college and not worry about your next meal, we’re predicting the 5 times you’ll need to order UberEATS this semester.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.