Voorhees Safe Ride Program
Earlier this fall, Evesham Mayor Randy Brown pioneered a Safe Ride Program to offer free Uber rides home to town residents when leaving a selection of 21 bars and restaurants in the township between 9pm – 2am.
Now Mayor Mignogna of the neighboring town of Voorhees will be implementing the same program.
The Township of Voorhees will also implement a Safe Ride Program for its residents
The Safe Ride Program will include free rides for both Voorhees and Evesham residents between 9pm – 2am, from select bars and restaurants in both townships.
Mayor Brown is expanding the Evesham Safe Ride Program perimeter to include the town of Voorhees, so that all residents within the 2 townships can access a safe ride home—no matter which town they’re coming from.
Under this expansion Evesham and Voorhees residents can get free rides home from any of the following locations:
LOCATIONS IN VOORHEES:
LOCATIONS IN EVESHAM:
Brio Tuscan Grille
Carrabbas Italian Grill
Casa Carollo Bar & Grill
Champps Kitchen + Bar
Estia Greek Taverna
Evesham Memorial VFW Post
Flemings Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
The Links Country Club
Little Mill Country Club
Marlton Elk’s Lodge
The Mexican Food Factory
Redstone American Grill
HOW IT WORKS:
- OPEN your Uber app between the hours of 9pm—2am when you are leaving one of the Safe Ride Program locations
- SELECT either the EVESHAM or VOORHEES Safe Ride option (depending on which township you’re requesting from)
- REQUEST your ride home
- That’s it!
- Rides from select bars and restaurants in Evesham or Voorhees directly to homes in either town between the hours of 9pm – 2am will be paid for by their respective townships
- Rides home can be from program locations in either Evesham or Voorhees, so long as they go directly home to the resident’s home within either township
- The Safe Ride option within the app will be automatically enabled when riders request from one of the designated program locations
- The Safe Ride option within the app will be available to request trips from the hours of 9pm – 2am
- Pickup and destination locations can be from any of the locations listed above to residents’ home within the map area shown here
This initiative comes off the coattails of an independent study from Temple University that found that cities where Uber operates have 3.6–5.6% fewer drunk driving deaths than cities without access to ridesharing. These findings support Voorhees and Evesham’s commitment to taking a data-driven approach to reducing alcohol-related traffic incidents in the town.
“Keeping drunk drivers off the road should be a priority for a single community here in New Jersey and Uber has proven to do that.” — Voorhees Mayor Mignogna
Since the launch of the Safe Ride Program, Evesham residents have had access to a safe, reliable ride when they need it most. Mayor Brown applauds the benefits the program is achieving so far stating that, “the success of the [program] cannot be overstated: We’re literally saving lives.”
Stay up to date with all things Uber in New Jersey by following us at @Uber_NJ.
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
It’s official: the Uber Driver App for iOS is now available for download in the App Store. And to celebrate, we’ve put together a list of the top 9 things you probably didn’t know about the Uber Driver App for iOS. Once you’ve taken a look, head on over to the App Store and take it for a spin.