Uber and Goodwill® Make Spring Cleaning Easy in NJ
Spring has sprung in New Jersey, and it’s officially that time of year for cleaning out closets. In the spirit of the season, we are teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® NYNJ to make your spring cleaning quick and convenient. This Saturday, tap a button to have a driver arrive, pick up your bags of clothing, and deliver them directly to a local donation center—at no cost to you.
This Saturday, May 2, clean out your closets and let Uber take care of the rest with #UberSpringCleaning
|SPREAD THE WORD|
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up clothing you’re willing to donate
- Open your Uber app between 10am – 6pm on Saturday, May 2
- Request GIVE at the bottom of the screen
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items and bring them to Goodwill at no cost to you
- #UberSpringCleaning will be available in the following NJ counties: Essex, Hudson, Union, and parts of Bergen, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended—we ask that you bring your bagged clothing out to meet your driver when they arrive
- Demand will be high, so please be patient
- Those who are able to donate on May 2 will receive a follow up email with tax receipt information (you should expect this email within 1-3 days)
If you are unable to donate on May 2, you can still help your local Goodwill by finding the nearest donation center here.
We are thrilled to be partnering with Goodwill NYNJ for #UberSpringCleaning this Saturday. By donating, you’re not only checking a box on your to-do list, but also supporting Goodwill in its mission of job placement and training for people in your community.
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–