The Giver: A Movie Premiere with a Cause
We’re big fans of what CrowdRise is doing to help revolutionize the way people can give back. The crowd-sourcing site allows for a new kind of game-ification when it comes to fundraising, making the process fun, competitive, and engaging —while ultimately raising up to millions of dollars for charities.
In preparation for the August premiere of The Giver (based on the book), we’ve proudly teamed up with Crowdrise and its partners, Eventbrite, The Weinstein Company, and Weinstein Carnegie Philanthropic Group, for their Ultimate The Giver Experience, a fundraising competition where you help raise money for the arts, and they give you the chance to attend the global movie premiere on August 11. You could even find yourself rubbing shoulders with the film’s stars at the VIP after party — all for a great cause.
Passionate about the arts? Want to shake hands with Jeff Bridges?
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up on Eventbrite here to get involved (it’s free to register and create a fundraising page).
- Fundraise like crazy! You have until August 1 to raise as much as you can for arts charities, including the American Repertory Theatre
- Attend the premiere and head to the after party…
- Every person who donates will receive $30 off their first Uber trip.
- For every trip taken by a new Uber user who donated, we will donate $5 to charities supporting the arts.
- Every donor will be entered to win a $500 Uber gift card.
- The top 100 individuals who raise the most money will get tickets to the premiere of The Giver on August 11.
- The top 30 raising individuals will snag the best VIP seats (more money = better seats).
- The top 10 will also get tickets to the VIP after party with a meet and greet with Jeff Bridges, Katie Holmes, and Brenton Thwaites.
Now — go fundraise!
We are excited to surpass the 100th city mark by welcoming two Brazilian cities, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, to the UberEATS family. From Atlanta to Warsaw, people have truly embraced this easy and reliable way to discover the food they love at the push of a button. Whether that’s an Indian inspired samosa, a good old-fashioned American burger or Vietnamese pho, people in 27 countries are using UberEATS to get a taste of the world’s flavors at the push of a button.
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–