End Summer with Deep-Fried Goodness…It’s State Fair Time!
We know, we know…the Minnesota State Fair started last week. But let’s be honest – the best time to kick back, grab some buddies, and enjoy ‘The Great Minnesota Get-Together’ is over the long and relaxing Labor Day weekend. With no work and all play, it’s the perfect way to bid Summer the farewell it deserves!
For those of you new to the Fair, and even for some seasoned vets, navigating the fairgrounds can be a daunting undertaking. Where should you stop first? How many people did they pack in this place? What can’t be deep-fried???
Well, fear not my friends! Uber to the rescue with our list of #UberApproved must sees, dos, and eats so you can survive the Fair this weekend in Uber-style 🙂
Fair on! – Janel, Uber MSP
What’s better than a the gift of a 3-day weekend? The gift of Uber! Share promo code MNSTATEFAIR13 with friends – or newbies sign up here – for up to $20 off their first ride with Uber (expires 9.3.13). They can treat you to a ride for the generosity 😉
#UberApproved at the State Fair
What to See?
- Butter Sculptures: How often do you get to see a Princess artistically sculpted into 90lbs of butter? If your answer is anything but never, you’re one in a million! For the rest of us, this is a must-see as Princess Kay of the Milky Way and her court sculpted live by master-sculptor Linda. Dairy Building (R31) daily from 9:30am-5pm.
- Macklemore: This Seattle native is taking over the radio and the hip hop scene with hit after hit of his catchy, but deep music. With producer-partner Ryan Lewis, these two put on a show like no other! Yes, we know it’s sold out. That’s why there’s always StubHub 🙂 Seriously…don’t miss this show! Grandstand on Sat Aug 31 at 7:30pm.
- Lazer Hitz Show: Maybe we’re suckers for bright lights and sweet beats, but Lasertainment’s Lazer Hit Show is our fav way to close out (or kickstart!) our night. Grab a drink, catch the show, and I dare you to tell us you’re not ready to dance the night away after!
What to Do?
- Land of 10,000 Beers: You search of what to do is over! Just enter this hall filled with some of the best beer in our great state. Even better – while you roam, you can enjoy sample tastings from over 30 Breweries. Done and done. Agriculture/Horticulture Building (T28) daily from 9am-9pm
- Adventure Park: Sure, enjoying some fun here could cost you a pretty penny — but it’s worth it! Choose your own adventure when you hit the park, but our vote goes for grabbing a friend and splitting a ride on the Skyscraper. At $55 for the pair, you’re getting sky high at a bargain!
- Giant Sing Along: Because when is karaoke not a good idea? Head over to belt out some tunes with your fellow fairgoers – but hurry! Your chance to rock out ends on Sunday
What to Eat?
If you haven’t noticed yet, food may be our most favorite thing in the world…outside of sleek Ubers, of course! We hate to pick just our 3 fav munchies (although we will highlight a few below), so go big or go home this weekend and eat it all. Check out all the food offerings here and enjoy!
- Deep Fried Oreos at Deep Fried Candy Bars
- Candied Bacon Cannoli at Ole’s Cannoli
- Comet Corn at Blue Moon Drive-in Theater
- Gizmo at Carl’s Gizmo Sandwich
- Cheese Curds at Original Cheese Curds
- Porketta Pig Wings at Mancini’s Al Fresco
- Wine Glazed Deep Fried Meatloaf at Minnesota Wine Country
Uber is hiring! We’re looking for go-getters to join the team in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Have what it takes? Apply now!
On-Demand Mentors Tuesday, March 15 Entrepreneurs, young professionals, and aspiring executives — your opportunity to learn from the Twin Cities’ best and brightest women leaders is only a tap away. We’ve teamed up with Dress for Success and Women In Networking to celebrate Women’s History Month — on Tuesday, March 15th, request ‘MENTOR’ for a […]