The #UberEverywhere journey is headed back stateside to the one and only Motor City, Detroit!
On March 27th, 2013, Uber Detroit launched as the 30th Uber city. In just eight short months, we’ve had quite the ride. Some of our favorite memories along the way include our first rider Lion’s player Ndamukong Suh, delivering Ice Cream on-demand, launching uberX free for a month with Piston’s player Kyle Singler and picking up over 700 toys in UberSLEIGHS. The future for Uber + Detroit is bright and we can’t wait for the ride!
Ubering around Detroit!
Detroit’s Top 5!
With a rich history and amazing places opening up every day, it was hard to pick just 5 of our favorite places to Uber in Detroit!
1. The Detroit Institute of the Arts: Established in 1885, the DIA has one of most expansive art collections in the United States. There’s nothing better than grabbing a crepe up the street then spending an afternoon wandering through over 100 rooms with the works of Van Gogh, Matisse, Monet and Riviera.
2. Campus Martius: Can’t miss this park in the heart of downtown! In the summer, sit in a lawn chair at the Campus Martius beach and listen to the summer concert series. During the winter months, be sure to take a holiday stroll around the Christmas tree, ice rink and the world’s largest Salvation Army red kettle!
3. Belle Isle: Check out America’s largest city-owned park, located in the Detroit river between the United States and Canada. Home to the Belle Isle Conservatory + The Detroit Yacht, there’s always plenty of activity going on. Don’t miss out on the Belle Isle Grand Prix each summer in Detroit!
4. Shinola Flagship Store: The Shinola Flagship store in midtown is uniquely Detroit. Focused on bringing a historic brand back to life, Shinola manufacturers high quality watches, bikes and leather goods. In the past 2 years, the company has created over 200 jobs in Detroit. It’s flagship store is as beautiful as the watches it’s known for. Be sure to stop by the in-store juice bar Drought!
5. Great Lakes Coffee: One of our favorite places to stop at any time of the day! Great lakes is perfect for a morning meeting, afternoon pick-me-up or post-work glass of wine. With a chill ambiance and tasty small plates, it’s a must see spot if you’re a local or traveling to Detroit from another Uber city. 🙂
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
With love from Motown,
Mike + Mary Ellen, The Uber Detroit Team
We’re excited to expand the Uber for Business platform beyond business travel, to include a world-class customer transportation solution, Uber Central. With Uber Central, organizations of all shapes and sizes can now easily provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
A little over a year ago, we set out to put a new spin on an old classic–make reliable food delivery available at the tap of a button. Back then, we started by offering food in the UberEATS app from 1,000 pioneering restaurant partners in four cities. And today, more than 40,000 restaurants globally–from poke shops to pasta spots–are sharing food with customers through UberEATS. With a growing restaurant community comes more choices and more complexity. So we’re cooking up features to continue to make UberEATS easy and reliable. Here is a taste–
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.