Driven To Win: Official Terms and Conditions
Driven To Win: Boston
Official Terms and Conditions
Sponsored by Uber Technologies, Inc.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE DURING THE CHALLENGE PERIOD, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT. SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES FROM YOU TO THE CHALLENGE ENTITIES AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN A GRAND PRIZE OR REDEEM A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Uber Technologies, Inc. (“Uber”) is offering the “Driven To Win: Boston” (the “Challenge”). The Challenge is subject to these official rules (the “Official Rules”), and by participating, you (“Participant”) agree to be bound by them and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility: The Challenge is open only to residents of the state of Massachusetts who are existing or become new registered users (“Uber Users”) of Uber’s proprietary mobile technology application (the “Uber Platform”) during the Challenge Period. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees, officers and representatives, and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and representatives (i.e., parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Uber and each of their affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Challenge (the “Challenge Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
2. How To Participate: The Challenge begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, November 23, 2015 (the “Challenge Period”). Here is what you must do to participate:
B. Challenges: Participants may be compete for the following contests:
i. Completed Trip: Each Participant that completes at least twenty (20) trips as a Driver Partner in good standing during the Challenge Period will receive $100 prize (in addition to any Driver Partner bonus available and awarded at the time of sign-up). If a Participant completes at least fifty (50) trips as a Driver Partner in good standing during the Challenge Period then such Participant(s) will receive an additional $150 prize.
ii. Highest Rating Challenge: The Participant that has the highest rating at the conclusion of the Challenge Period will be eligible to win the “Highest Rating” prize as set forth below. In order to be eligible to win the Highest Rating Challenge the winner must complete at least fifty (50) trips as a Driver Partner in good standing. If multiple Participants have the same rating at the end of the Challenge Period then the “Winner” will be chosen based on the Participant with the highest rating that has completed the most trips during the Challenge Period. The “Winner” of the Highest Rating Challenge will be selected pursuant to the Winner Selection process set forth below.
iii. Completed Trips Challenge: The Participant that has completed the most amount of trips during the Challenge Period will be eligible to win the “Completed Trips” prize as set forth below.. If multiple Participants have the same number of completed trips at the end of the Challenge Period then the “Winner” will be chosen based on the Winner Selection process set forth below.
iv. Completed Weekend Trips Challenge: The Participant that has completed the most amount of trips occurring on a weekend during the Challenge Period will be eligible to win the “Completed Weekend Trips” prize as set forth below.. If multiple Participants have the same number of completed weekend trips at the end of the Challenge Period then the “Winner” will be chosen based on the Winner Selection process set forth below. For the avoidance of doubt, a “weekend trip” is considered any trip taking place from 4:00pm ET on Friday through 11:59pm ET on Sunday.
Uber’s computer is the official timekeeping device for entry in the Challenge. To qualify for the Challenge, all Referrals must be completed by 11:59 p.m. ET on the last day of the Challenge Period.
All participants are required to provide complete and truthful information. Any completed ride based on information that is incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules may be disqualified from the Challenge at Uber’s sole and absolute discretion. Any completed ride by an Uber User that does not meet the eligibility requirements is void. The use of any scripts, computer programs, robotic repetitive, macro, automatic, programmed or similar automated participating methods or agents will be void.
By participating in the Challenge, Participant: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by Uber and by the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules; and (c) agrees to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winning the Grand Prize or redeeming a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
One (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) for each of the Highest Rating Challenge, Completed Trips Challenge and Completed Weekend Trips Challenge are available and will be awarded to the respective Winner (defined below) of each of the foregoing Challenges. The Highest Rating Challenge Grand Prize shall be Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000) (ARV: $5,000). The Completed Trips Challenge Grand Prize shall be Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000) (ARV: $15,000). The Completed Weekend Trips Challenge Grand Prize shall consist of an entertainment package that may include a gaming system, flat screen TV and surround sound speakers (ARV: $4000).
Each of the “cash” prizes available to be won or received pursuant to this Section 3 or as set forth in Section 2.B.i above may be in the form of a cash payment of a bank-issued gift card, as determined by Uber in Uber’s sole discretion.
For the avoidance of doubt, each “Grand Prize” and the other prize set forth above as each are defined above shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Challenge Prizes”. If, for any reason the Challenge Prize, or any part of the Challenge Prize, is unavailable for any reason, Uber reserves the right to modify the Challenge in its sole discretion and award a substitute prize, or portion of prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Challenge Prizes, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner or any Participant.
Uber and the Challenge Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or any Participant who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Challenge Prize. In the event a potential Winner or Participant does not or cannot accept the Challenge Prize, an alternate Winner and Participant will be determined among eligible Participants on the same basis as the potential Winner of the Challenge Prize were determined. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Challenge Prizes are solely the Winner and Participant’s responsibility, including, but not limited to, tax, license, registration, insurance and any all other costs and expenses. The Challenge Prizes are provided “as is”. Participants acknowledge that Uber and the Challenge Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose. Any prizes pictured in advertising and other Challenge materials are for illustrative purposes only.
The value of the Challenge Prizes will be taxable to the Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 and W9 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Prize awarded. All U.S. federal, state and local tax liability, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Challenge Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Participant’s responsibility (regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used).
4. Winner Selection and Notification: The “Winner” of the Highest Rating Challenge, Completed Trips Challenge and Completed Weekend Trips Challenge will be chosen based on the criteria set forth in Section 2.B.ii – 2.B.iv above. On a date to be determined by Uber (but in no event later than fourteen (14) days from the end of the Challenge Period), the “Winner” of each Challenge will be announced. Uber will notify the Winner by e-mail (at the email address provided by the Winner) or by phone (at the phone number provided by the Winner). Additionally, Uber and the Challenge Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement announcing the Winner through the Uber app or in any manner that they deem appropriate. If a Winner of a Grand Prize cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to respond to confirm his/her email address within two (2) business days from when the initial notification email is sent, or the Grand Prize or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Winner forfeits the Grand Prize and an alternate Winner may be selected by Uber among the remaining eligible Participants. If the alternate Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise unable to accept the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize is forfeited and another alternate Winner will be selected by Uber. This Winner selection and notification process shall be continued until a Winner for each Prize is confirmed. In the event there are multiple individuals that have the same number of total completed trips that cause multiple Participants to be eligible to receive one of the Grand Prizes, the “Winner” will be chosen based on the earliest date/time in which the Participant completed their last trip. For example, in the case of the Highest Rating Challenge if three individuals A, B and C each have and 5.0 rating and 90 completed trips during the Challenge Period (which is considered the most amount of completed trips earned by all the Participants with a 5.0 rating) and individual A completed its 90th trip on November 23, 2015 at 10:47 a.m. ET, individual B completed its 90th trip on November 23, 2015 at 3:59 p.m. ET, and individual C completed its 90th trip on November 19, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. ET, then individual C shall be considered the “Winner” based on date and time in which the last trip was completed. To the extent applicable, the winners of the other Grand Prizes shall be determined in the same manner as above.
5. Winner Verification: The Winner of the Grand Prize (or any alternate Winner if one must be selected) is not official and shall not be confirmed as the Winner until he/she has completed, signed and returned documentation required by Uber — which may include an Affidavit of Eligibility, release of liability, (except where prohibited) publicity release form, and a completed IRS W-9 form, and the eligibility of the potential Winner has been verified. Forms must be received within five (5) days after notification of winning. If the Winner (or any alternate Winner) does not complete all forms necessary within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by the Winner (or alternate Winner), such Winner (or alternate Winner) shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the prize, and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate Winner will be determined as provided herein.
Provided that the Winner is in compliance with these Official Rules and after having successfully proven eligibility, the Winner will be officially confirmed as the Winner. Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason it deems necessary. In addition, Uber reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. To the extent applicable, the terms of this Section 5 shall apply to the winners of the Prize as well.
6. Liability Release and Indemnity: Each Challenge Prize is offered and provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee by Uber, either express or implied. By participating in the Challenge, the Winner and each Participant acknowledges that Uber and/or the Challenge Entities have not and will not obtain or provide automotive or other insurance of any kind relating to the Challenge Prize and that the Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Challenge Prize as required by law or that the Winner otherwise deems appropriate. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, In no event will Uber be liable to PARTICIPANT for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with PARTICIPANT’s participation in the CHALLENGE, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not UBER AND/OR other CHALLENGE entities HAVE been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
By entering the Challenge, Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber and any other Challenge Entities from any and all liability, for any claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or relating to, (i) participation in the Challenge, (ii) without limitation, death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Challenge Prize, (iii) defamation, violation of publicity rights, or invasion of privacy in connection with the Challenge or acceptance and use or the Challenge Prize, and (iv) copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action arising from or related to the Challenge, the Challenge Prize, or Uber’s advertising and marketing related to the Challenge, Participants or the Winner, in all cases, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Challenge; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of completed trip information; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property (including to any computer systems resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Challenge), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Challenge or receipt or use of any prize. Participant assumes all liability for an injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Challenge, or the acceptance, receipt, or use of the Challenge Prize or any component. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, Uber and/or the Challenge Entities’ liability will be limited to the value of the Challenge Prize, and in no event shall the Challenge Entities be liable for attorney’s fees.
Uber and the Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify and void completed trips that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not delivered, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Challenge, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in the Challenge related advertisements. Uber and the Challenge Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Challenge, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Challenge Prize and Winner, the delivery of the Challenge Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site including www.uber.com, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in, uploading any materials or downloading any materials in the Challenge. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any completed trips received by such means will be void. Uber reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it suspects or finds (i) to have tampered with the administrative process or the operation of the Challenge; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner, Uber or the Challenge Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Challenge; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CHALLENGE AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Challenge and/or winning the Challenge Prize, Participant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to Participant (if true) and any video footage related to the Challenge or Challenge Prize, for all Challenge Entities’ advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to the Challenge Entities putting his or her name on a competitor’s list throughout the duration of the Challenge Period and thereafter.
8. General Terms. The Challenge Entities are not responsible if the Challenge cannot take place, or if the Challenge Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Challenge Entities. If, for any reason the Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Challenge Entities, which, in Uber’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Challenge or any part of the Challenge. If the Challenge or any part of the Challenge is terminated or modified prior to the closing of the Challenge Period, notice will be posted on www.uber.com. Uber reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Challenge Period for clarification purposes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, UBER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, Participant agrees that: (1) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CHALLENGE OR ANY CHALLENGE PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect; (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the AAA Rules, in San Francisco County, California; (4) unless both Participant and Uber agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of class or representative proceeding; (5) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (6) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Official Rules and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorney’s fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Governing Law: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Uber in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
12. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of these Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by December 23, 2015. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked to DrivenToWin: Boston, 1455 Market St., Suite 400, San Francisco, California 94107, Attn: Kelly Rodriguez; and (ii) write “Winners’ Names” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
13. Sponsored and Administered by: This Challenge is sponsored and administered by Uber Technologies, Inc., 1455 Market Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94103.
This St. Patrick’s Day, you can request the Bagpipes option in-app to get a free, live performance at your doorstep. Treat yourself or share the luck and surprise a friend with pipers at their doorstep. —just make sure they’re available. Enter code BAGPIPES in the app to unlock the Bagpipes option between noon and 4pm […]